Virtual Midi Foot Controller EDIT: official website launched

Re: Virtual Midi Foot Controller

klassiker said:
Hi godprobe,

you're right, so I changed that. Could you please check whether it's now also graphically noticeable with your resolution?

http://www.overload-live.de/axe-fx/virt ... roller.jar

Thanks,
Uwe
Perfect!
thumbup.gif

Uwe,

Wow, you are fast!!! :eek:

Yup, this latest version seems to do everything right (again, haven't tried the compound CC assignments yet). I don't even need my pedal board now for tweaking, just live playing. Super job.

-Steve

Hello,

I meanwhile uploaded a new test version with a new feature. It allows to send multiple CCs per CC slider and alows to specify the value range (min. and max. value) per controller number. The max. value can be smaller than the min value to invert the slider.

The syntax for the text of CC sliders is:
CC<controller nummber>=<min. value>-<max. value>,CC<controller nummber>=<min. value>-<max. value>,...

Example: CC27=127-0,CC7=70-127

That means. If the slider is on the lower end, the controller 27 will get the value 127 and the controller 7 will get the value 70. If the slider is on the upper end, the controller 27 will get the value 0 and the controller 7 will get the value 127.

Still it is possible to just specify a number between 0 and 127. If that's the case, the value 0 will be sent if the slider is at the lower end and the value 127 will be sent if the slider is at the upper end. The values sent will be displayed as text under the slider. If the syntax described above is used, the slider state will be displayed as percentage value from 0% to 100%, as the real values for different controllers might be different depending on the entered ranges.

Here's the download link:
http://www.overload-live.de/vmfc/virtua ... roller.jar

Regards,
Uwe

Thanks!

New feature added: CC buttons can now be used for program changes which allows to toggle between two presets that are not on the same "layer" like 1-10: on:pC5=0off:pC120=0

For additional details see section "CC Button Advanced Mode" on http://www.overload-live.de/vmfc/

klassiker said:
New feature added: CC buttons can now be used for program changes which allows to toggle between two presets that are not on the same "layer" like 1-10: on:pC5=0off:pC120=0

Extremely cool, this feature is working perfectly for me. Now I can use this feature to do volume comparisons between any two patches with a single mouse click. :)

Many thanks!

-Steve

New version 1.1 with improved slider performance now available.

Reading the preset names from the axe-fx is also implemented but switched off, as it
1.) causes delay when switching presets
2.) is not working properly when mapping feature of the Axe-FX is configured
3.) short audio drop out while receiving the preset

If anybody is interested in this version for testing, you may download it from here:
http://www.overload-live.de/vmfc/virtua ... _names.jar

To enable the feature you have to enter the sysex ID of your Axe-FX (e.g. 125) in the text field next to the midi channel.

Uwe,

I tried the new version that supports names. It will load the name the first time I select a preset, but is quite inconsistent after that whenever I change presets via the virtual buttons, even if I wait. Also, as I'm typing 125 into the SysEx id text field, it switches from preset 1 -> 2 -> 5.

-Steve

Steverosberg

In the the fx-1 software all you have to do to activate the pedalboard is switch the box in the bottom of the fx-1 screen to master instead of edit or slave.

shauniak said:
Steverosberg

In the the fx-1 software all you have to do to activate the pedalboard is switch the box in the bottom of the fx-1 screen to master instead of edit or slave.

Yes, I figured this out and edited my post about a month ago indicating such.

-Steve

steverosburg said:
Uwe,

I tried the new version that supports names. It will load the name the first time I select a preset, but is quite inconsistent after that whenever I change presets via the virtual buttons, even if I wait. Also, as I'm typing 125 into the SysEx id text field, it switches from preset 1 -> 2 -> 5.

-Steve

If you use the num-pad to enter the sysex id, it will switch the presets, as the num-pad can be used to switch presets with the keyboard.

@Cliff, Lars: Is there a sysex message which allows to request the settings of the currently active preset without transfering the preset number to the Axe-FX?

This is awesome. From my understanding do you just have 5 IA Switches? Is there anyway to increase that. This is the big part. I need like 32 of these CC Buttons. Any chance of getting that CC numbers increased or variable?

Re: Virtual Midi Foot Controller EDIT: official website laun

that's a nice app you have developed there :D

I was wondering if you could make it route to some VST host which is installed on the system. It would be helpful if the VST host was detected as an output MIDI device and all messages were passed on to it just the way it does for external MIDI device...

Wow. Just "wow".

Klassiker, would you mind writing an Axe-edit application that doesn't risk borking users' unit? ;-)

(note: I may get banned for life because I said that, but I'm not going to hide that I'm not satisfied at all by the "official" (yet beta) axe-edit).

Access Electronics is gone. I can't download the software (their older pages were apparently not indexed by archive.org either). Can anyone post somewhere that FX-1 software? I'd like to take a look at it.

I tried

ftp://ftp.axess-electronics.com/

to see if that was active and if the software was on there. It is active, but there is no PUBLIC/anonymous FTP access available.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom