Virtual Capo latency reduction...

mwd

Power User
I am experimenting with the virtual capo on 3rd fret. Sounds good but the slight lag is driving me nuts on picking. It's in the front of my block chain (after input) and I have a fairly clean preset that was derived from Dual Clean. Tracking at 5. Any thing else I can do to tighten up. I am strumming chords and picking a clean lead.

The Pitch Tracking and Tracking parameters allow you to find a balance between accuracy and latency that best suits your needs. The Virtual Capo has exceptionally low latency compared to other realtime pitch shifters, but there will always be some latency. There is no way around that.

Reactions: mwd
I was told by M@, the admin here... that selecting "smooth" and also "input block" as the source in the pitch block will make it better as well.

I was told by M@, the admin here... that selecting "smooth" and also "input block" as the source in the pitch block will make it better as well.
Might be a misunderstanding. Setting the detector source to Input generally works better than Block (although if you put the pitch block at the beginning of the chain like mwd, it doesn't matter). Smooth is different than Fast, but whether it's "better" depends on what you're doing. Fast works better for melodic input.

I stopped using the Smooth or Fast and just use the knob to dial in a happy medium. I use the VC with -3 to +5 settings.

Back
Top Bottom