Virtual Capo Acting Strange

2Strats

Inspired
I'm using factory preset 280 and I don't think the Virtual Capo is working correctly.
What I think I'm hearing is the original signal coming thru along with the detuned signal.
I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Obviously when I deselect the Pitch block everything is fine so this is only happening when it's selected.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any insight as to what I'm doing wrong?
My III has the newest firmware and I'm using the latest AxeEdit as well.
I can't record example clips so we're gonna have to use my descriptions.

Thanks!

Good suggestions, but that's not it. I just checked.
There is definitely 2 signals or a double signal of sort coming thru.

I'm using factory preset 280 and I don't think the Virtual Capo is working correctly.
What I think I'm hearing is the original signal coming thru along with the detuned signal.
I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Obviously when I deselect the Pitch block everything is fine so this is only happening when it's selected.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any insight as to what I'm doing wrong?
My III has the newest firmware and I'm using the latest AxeEdit as well.
I can't record example clips so we're gonna have to use my descriptions.

Thanks!

Use the looper and record something so you can at least hear it played back without you playing. Not saying you're wrong, but you'd be surprised how often this does turn out to be the issue.

So, using the looper it is definitely less noticeable.....but it's still there.
It's almost like an octave thing going on subtly under the detuned signal.

Try starting with a blank preset and add the pitch block to see if it does the same thing.

I've experienced a similar issue and I want to say it's related to the tracking settings, but I'm really not sure. It seemed like the pitch block couldn't keep up with faster playing. I haven't used the virtual capo in a while so I haven't tried troubleshooting since.

Your preset is okay (Mix is 100%). Pretty sure your dry / acoustic signal is interfering somehow.

Yeah, that may be what it is I'm hearing.
Could the front instrument input have anything to do with it? That's what I'm using.

I tested the preset and I can definitely hear the non-pitched signal bleeding through. I tried it through speakers and headphones so there seems to be an issue.

My band plays a song (Man, I Feel Like A Woman) were I use the virtual capo 1/2 step up. I have noticed, when I bring up that patch, I need to play a note or brush the strings to get rid of some very noticeable latency, ~ 500ms. Once I do that, the virtual capo works as expected.

Interesting.

I tested the preset and I can definitely hear the non-pitched signal bleeding through. I tried it through speakers and headphones so there seems to be an issue.
Is it happening with with factory preset 280 too?

That's very very weird. Not doing that here and the preset isn't the cause. The are no global settings that could cause this. Are you guys monitoring through multiple paths? Make sure you're listening to the Axe-Fx output only.

I'm monitoring thru studio monitors using OUT 1 only. There is nothing else(speaker wise) plugged into the Axe.

Back
Top Bottom