Virgin Galactic

lqdsnddist

Axe-Master
Wow.... just watched Sir Richard Branson and crew complete the new era of commercial space tourism.

certainly don’t think I’ll be affording it anytime soon, but pretty amazing accomplishment and time we are living in.

really cool live feed of it and about 14 minutes from release from the mothership to landing under glide power.

amazing engineering feat!

I wonder how many times they puked? :D
No Idea, maybe some of the service members in the forum that have experienced similar conditions could chime in? But frankly I'm much more impressed with all of them doing shooting the video in that airplane roller-coaster than them being musicians... Thats defiantly not what I was thinking about when originally posted that for sure...

I wonder how many times they puked? :D
No Idea, maybe some of the service members in the forum that have experienced similar conditions could chime in? But frankly I'm much more impressed with all of them doing shooting the video in that airplane roller-coaster than them being musicians... Thats defiantly not what I was thinking about when originally posted that for sure...

There's a whole bunch of behind the scenes and "how we did it" videos on their YouTube channel that are worth watching!

I have not done the math on it, but it seems to me that for small commercial flights, Virgin has the best approach. Highly controllable scenarios.

Much more questions regarding higher orbits and returning vehicles.

But it's damned exciting that we are doing so many forays into space.

Burt Rutan says he told both billionaires Paul and Richard that orbiting hotels are next.
I'll pass, rather be in Maui or Florida in a resort hotel that has a swimming pool w/swim up bar than some tin can where if someone f's up it could be your last vacation... Beside I'll never have the cash to pay for it anyways :D

He actually didn't make it to space.
Bezos did, but Richard didn't.
That's why Bezos rocket went higher, to get into space. Otherwise he wouldn't have needed to go any higher than Richard.

Back
Top Bottom