Vinyl Simulation on the ULTRA

Do you want this feature?

• Total voters

danielodland

Inspired
I would love to have an effect, or a sub effect/mode in one of the blocks that would simulate the sound and feel of an old scratchy, noisy vinyl record. There could be parameters for crackle, hiss, (the sound of the record moving), electric humm, some filter that's simulate turning the horn/speaker thing on the grammophone away from you, and a parameter for making irregularities in the sound (short fallouts/holes). There could also be a lofi filter included in the block, even though one can make the argument that there are plenty of ways already to make a lofi sound.

Plugins that do this are iZotope Vinyl and Grungelizer. The first one is better than the other.

Anyway, for me, an effect like this would be really really cool (I do in fact need one, I use this sound on some songs in studio, but can't find a good way to do it live). This would be the first time I'd see this effect in a hardware unit.

Re: Vinyl Simulation

-1 on the Standard. I don't care on the Ultra since it has more resources and I don't have an Ultra anyway ;) There's no free lunch and this is such a specialized, out-there, RARELY used effect for the VAST majority of people. These kinds of things will eventually prevent a more generally useful new feature or improvement from being added, especially in regards to the Standard.

hank: I understand your argument, but:

This is an effect that is, if I'm not missing something, impossible to achieve, even with the vast possibilities the Axe provides.

If someone could make a preset for the Ultra, that'd do for me =)

Also, I want to add that I started a debate about add ons for the axe. i know it's out of the question, but one of the main arguments against was that if Cliff and enough people want it, it will get done anyway. My arguments then was that many effects are, yes, out there and rarely used, however, they'd be very nice to have. For me, it'd be used every night of the tour.

gets a +1 from me... would love to have this for live use without adding anything else into my rack
I never got around to trying what 'halted' had so far in the old thread...
halted said:
I'm a complete noob when it comes to patch creation, but I started working on the "crackle" last night, and got a fairly decent approximation. I'm still not entirely happy with it, but I'm going to do some more tweaking. When I'm more satisfied with it, I'll add in the warble and post the patch.

So far, I'm using a synth block with pink noise + random waveforms, a notch filter, and a Plexi 2 w/o cab.

to be continued...
...gonna have to dial that in tonight.

I should have said this in the initial post, but just to be clear, I am thinking of the Ultra for this. I agree in it being a bit silly chewing up memory on the standard for this kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom