Vintage tone with a strat :)

So... I m trying o save the preset, usin sysex librarian, but the file I m getting its just 7bytes .... and then when I try to upload the patch, just it doesnt upload to my axe ...Also I m getting problems loading some preset, like, some preset work fine but some of them, I send it to the axe, the axe is gettin midi in, but nothing change, not the patch, name ... just like nothing happen, it´s happening with a lot of presets, but not with all of them ... any tips ? ... tryin to share the patch guys but it not working :(

So... I m trying o save the preset, usin sysex librarian, but the file I m getting its just 7bytes .... and then when I try to upload the patch, just it doesnt upload to my axe ...Also I m getting problems loading some preset, like, some preset work fine but some of them, I send it to the axe, the axe is gettin midi in, but nothing change, not the patch, name ... just like nothing happen, it´s happening with a lot of presets, but not with all of them ... any tips ? ... tryin to share the patch guys but it not working :(

I do hope that someone can help you out... Would love to have that preset although I am quite sure that it won't sound the same when I play it ;-)

I have only downloaded presets and transferred them via AxeManage so I am no help on that :-(

Best wishes and thanks for that amazing playing (and hopefully the preset in advance)!

So... I m trying o save the preset, usin sysex librarian, but the file I m getting its just 7bytes .... and then when I try to upload patch, just it doesnt upload to my axe ...Also I m getting problems loading some preset, like, some preset work fine but some of them, I send it to the axe, the axe is gettin midi in, but nothing change, not the patch, name ... just like nothing happen, it´s happening with a lot of presets, but not with all of them ... any tips ? ... tryin to share the patch guys but it not working :(

A Warning about when you try to download other peoples presets to your Axe.

Some presets that people have used Axe edit to extract From their Axe fx can contain the original preset number inside the syx code . This will then look as if the preset didnt load to your axe fx, but if you search around among the presets in your Axe fx i think you will more than likely find those presets somewhere. And you will find that they have overwritten your presets.

This is due to a setting in axe edit where you can choose to keep the original preset number/location within the exported preset..

Last edited:

Use Axe-Edit?
Select your patch on the Axe. Open Axe-Edit then click the "SOURCE" drop down menu button and select "Axe FX". The editor should display your patch. Click "SAVE AS" button and select "export to preset file".

Yet again you've shown us something breathtaking to aspire to Openmind. I loved the playing and tone.

Even if you do manage to share this patch and I do manage to get it loaded on my Axe Fx, I still think the tone is 90% in your fingers on this video.......

But that's one of the things I love about the Axe, it's allowed me to stop tweaking my tone and concentrate on improving my playing.

Use Axe-Edit?
Select your patch on the Axe. Open Axe-Edit then click the "SOURCE" drop down menu button and select "Axe FX". The editor should display your patch. Click "SAVE AS" button and select "export to preset file".
did that ... tone is showing at axe edit but when I try to export it ... just nothing happens _(

We all know the Axe II is fantastic. But forget the Axe here. Openmind's talent is what is amazing. It doesn't matter what he plays through, I'm sure he could make anything sound great. I love how you make it look so easy and natural. Nice touch and feel. Well done!

We all know the Axe II is fantastic. But forget the Axe here. Openmind's talent is what is amazing. It doesn't matter what he plays through, I'm sure he could make anything sound great. I love how you make it look so easy and natural. Nice touch and feel. Well done!
oh thx man ... this forum os full of people with a lot of talent !!!! Thx for ur kind words !!

Too bad this preset couldn't be uploaded!!! I have tried to emulate with and 808 up front of a twin with back end reverb and using a fuzz for the last part of the video, but just doesn't capture the whole vibe.

Too bad this preset couldn't be uploaded!!! I have tried to emulate with and 808 up front of a twin with back end reverb and using a fuzz for the last part of the video, but just doesn't capture the whole vibe.
I m using a jtm45 now, with 808 in fron with pretty much no gain, more volume to boost it, and a face fuzz up to 11 :)

Great tone, always that kind of Strat sound. If you have time at some point, you could try just showing some screenshots from Axe-Edit here in the thread.

Back
Top Bottom