View 2 in Per Preset: blank/inactive switches

TubeStack

Inspired
When I switch to View 2 in Per Preset layout, all the switches have blank labels and can’t be assigned anything (except #7, which is labelled to take you back to View 1, as manual describes it should).

The other labels don’t show “PerPrst#10,” or anything, just theee dashes. When I try and assign them something, nothing happens.

(Also, switches #4-6 and 8,9 all take you back to View 1, not just switch 7, which seems odd?)

Is there something I need to do to “wake up” the switches in View 2?

Thanks!

There are only 12 switches in any layout. View 2 will only give you the 3 additional switches that you can't see when on View 1.

Hmm. Might be a corrupt layout or something. You could try copying one of the working layouts over that one and then reset all the switches back to their Per Preset placeholders.
I don't use Views with my FC9 but on my custom Layout 1, all 3 of the "extra" switches are assigned to stand-in switches that work without issue and show up in the editor correctly.

To be honest, I'm not sure Views are expected to work on the FM9 itself. The idea of a View is to divide the 12 switches by the number of switches on the unit.

For example, the FM3 has 4 Views (3x4==12) and the FM6 has 2 Views (2x6==12).

The math doesn't work with 9 switches...

The FM9 manual says View 2 should bring up switches 10-12 on what would normally be switches 1-3 in View 1, with switch 7 hardwired to take you back to View 1.
So, I tried changing to View 2 on the layout I mentioned before. All the switches show up as configured and do what they should.

When I switch to View 2 in Per Preset layout, all the switches have blank labels and can’t be assigned anything (except #7, which is labelled to take you back to View 1, as manual describes it should).

The other labels don’t show “PerPrst#10,” or anything, just theee dashes. When I try and assign them something, nothing happens.

(Also, switches #4-6 and 8,9 all take you back to View 1, not just switch 7, which seems odd?)

Is there something I need to do to “wake up” the switches in View 2?
Ah… you're switching to View 2 using the front panel. The editor doesn't support View 2… give this a try…
  1. Press the Home button to confirm you're at the top level.
  2. Switch to View 2 on the front panel, by turning knob D, then press knob D to move to the FC Per-Preset screen.
  3. Scroll down to whichever layout you want to define 10-12. You'll see that 10-12 are unassigned.
  4. Rotate knob C or the Value wheel, to select the PP Override you want to assign to that switch.
You'll have to define a switch to move between View 1 and View 2 but that's doable in the Editor or the front panel… but the Editor can't display View 2. Luckily the <<< View 1 is hard coded. P. 83 in the manual talks about it.

Hopefully that'll help.

Last edited:
Thanks, but I'm working on the FM9 itself, not the editor.

According to to the FM9 manual, there should be View 2 that shows switches 10-12 where switches 1-3 are in View 1. Switch 7 is hard-coded to take you back to View 1.

B2147E7F-C43A-43B5-9D87-7ABF1C7435CB.jpeg

Ah… you're switching to View 2 using the front panel. The editor doesn't support View 2… give this a try…
  1. Press the Home button to confirm you're at the top level.
  2. Switch to View 2 on the front panel, by turning knob D, then press knob D to move to the FC Per-Preset screen.
  3. Scroll down to whichever layout you want to define 10-12. You'll see that 10-12 are unassigned.
  4. Rotate knob C or the Value wheel, to select the PP Override you want to assign to that switch.
You'll have to define a switch to move between View 1 and View 2 but that's doable in the Editor or the front panel… but the Editor can't display View 2. Luckily the <<< View 1 is hard coded. P. 83 in the manual talks about it.

Hopefully that'll help.

Thanks, but that’s what I’m already doing.

When I try to assign anything to 10-12, the View 2 switches don’t respond and the switch displays stay blank.

I got them working!

This is what did it:

• Setup > FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
  • EZ Tab
  • press foot switch
  • navigate up to View > then select 2
  • choose a tap function (and/or hold)
  • switch “wakes up” and lights up and will now respond to being assigned a function

However, once back in Per Preset, you can only change/assign a function to that switch for View 1, that I can see.

You need to repeat above steps if you want to change the View 2 function again.

Anyway, I’m good now, using the steps described above. It just means the View 2 switches are the same no matter what preset, but that works for now.

I got them working!

This is what did it:

• Setup > FC Controllers/Onboard Switches
  • EZ Tab
  • press foot switch
  • navigate up to View > then select 2
  • choose a tap function (and/or hold)
  • switch “wakes up” and lights up and will now respond to being assigned a function

However, once back in Per Preset, you can only change/assign a function to that switch for View 1, that I can see.

You need to repeat above steps if you want to change the View 2 function again.
Personally, it’s too much hassle for me. I don’t use the looper so I moved my layouts around and added an additional Per-Preset.

Back
Top Bottom