Video walkthrough of my live rig inc. clips - Axe-FX/VHT/Zilla

I love the fact that you played the riff from Strizzwald! And damn the sound's TIGHT!

The video is really well done. The sound clips were damn cool as well, I can't stop drooling right now...

Wickedly cool. Love it; the guitars are awesome. Love the woods/designs of some of the more exotic (to us here in the US) names.

Great video.

Hey guys,

Here's a video showing my live rig off, hope you enjoy!

I love the fact that you've programmed all of your patch switches into Ableton. However, it does leave less room for creativity in a live situation, no?

Thanks chaps, glad you enjoyed it :)

I love the fact that you've programmed all of your patch switches into Ableton. However, it does leave less room for creativity in a live situation, no?

Yeah, it definitely would do, but there really is no space for that in my band's music anyway!

Great stuff Nolly! Yeah, those guitars look incredible! Are you running the amp sims through the VHT?

Yep, the amp sims are running through the VHT with the Axe-FX's power amp modelling on

Thanks chaps, glad you enjoyed it :)

Yeah, it definitely would do, but there really is no space for that in my band's music anyway!

Touche! :)

I dig your guys' sound though!! Can you point me in any direction to resources converting my band into the 'timed patch switches'. Obviously you need to be playing against the click track in Ableton... and probably needs some type of in ear monitoring.

Thanks!

Any chance of getting that rhythm patch or your settings? It's got an amazingly saturated sound, but is clear and tight. Love it!

Touche! :)

I dig your guys' sound though!! Can you point me in any direction to resources converting my band into the 'timed patch switches'. Obviously you need to be playing against the click track in Ableton... and probably needs some type of in ear monitoring.

Thanks!

Not too sure about Ableton since we use Logic, but I'm sure it has the same capability. Just set up MIDI tracks with program change messages being sent that correspond to the patches you want to use. Consulting with the Abletone manual and the Axe-FX Wiki should get you there pretty quick :)

Any chance of getting that rhythm patch or your settings? It's got an amazingly saturated sound, but is clear and tight. Love it!

It's a pretty basic patch - T808 into the 5150 model, running most of the amp EQ settings around 1 o clock. The power amp and cabs do the rest

Back
Top Bottom