Video Tutorial: Basic Setup of a GCP with the Axe-FX

patricef said:
Nice tutorial. It took me a while to setup the GCP for the Axe-Fx and everything I learnt the hard way is explained here...
Now do you know if the new MFC-101 will be compatible with the GCX switcher ? I assume the switcher chanels are activated by special midi commands ?
GCX can react to every mfc that can transmit CC/PC on MIDI channel #16.

So, MFC101 don't need any special command to be compatible with GCX.

Merci !
I just saw it is page 14 of the GCX manual, under "Using the GCX without a Ground Control", I should have read it, but I never did because I have the Ground Control...

patricef said:
Merci !
I just saw it is page 14 of the GCX manual, under "Using the GCX without a Ground Control", I should have read it, but I never did because I have the Ground Control...
Youh âre velcôme maï dir Patrisss :lol: .

This was a huge help THANKS! Now I'm trying to get my Morley volume pedal to control the wah and it's kicking my @ss! Any step by steps to help would be greatly appreciated. Both controller are turned on in the GCP, I guess it's just a matter of assigning CC #'s ? I have button #4 assigned to turn wah on/off

I just got the Axe and there are so many menus it's a little confusing. Hope someone can help. :mrgreen:

Ghostman574 said:
Thought I would put together a quick video about setting up a Ground Control Pro with the Axe-FX. The documentation that comes with the GCP lacks some important content. The video is about eight an half minutes and covers the following topics:

Powering the GCP.
Device Setup
Instant Access Setup

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH1XEWWhnCQ

When I have some time I will also put together a basic patch setup tutorial and an expression pedal tutorial.

this video is the perfect example of how a tutorial should be. To the point, no tangents and clear. Thanks very much!

Someone asked about limitations...I am curious regarding the following...

If I have a patch that has a delay on it and I switch it (off) when I go to a new preset with (delay on) will (xmit with preset) turn it off automatically? Vs. Will (normal) leave the delay (on) in the new preset? Will I always have to double pump the switch (IA) to turn the delay off?

I was able to get 1 night of quality time with a GCP but my buddy needed it back. So I am left with a few lingering questions. That tutorial helped immensely in getting up and running.

I'm retarded. Even though the tutorial is excellent, i couldn't get what i needed out of it. I bopught my system used (Axe Fx and Ground Control Pro) the guy i bought it from did what i believe a basic setup...he has patches 0-3 and banks up to 128 i believe...but the extra 8 other buttons on some presets i see them lit, but i don't hear what they turn on/off...such as echo, you'll hear that immediately...anyway, i tried the video tutorial and maybe need to write it down as toward the end, where you say to repeat the process, well i already had forgotten the process...lol...I'd be so happy as a new Axe Fx owner to be able to turn on/off Delay/OD/Mod/EQ etc as well as setting up a Boss FV500L as a wah....drgit2000@yahoo.com Thanks pete

Spawn-X said:
Harmony Ellis of Voodoolab said:
2) Global Program - This is a default preset, that gives you instant
access from anywhere in Ground Control to a main sound or preset of your
choice.

Yes, this is the video I used to get my GCP initialized, I saw this post but was unable to find out any additional information on how to configure a global program, how would I go about doing this? The manual made no mention of it and nothing in the GCP setup jumped out at me.

Thanks

Hey thanks for the great tutorial!

I'm having problems with my Axe Fx and GCP not communicating properly.
I set the GCP to STARTS WITH 00 but it keeps doubling the first channel(only).

1=1 2=1 3=2 4=3

It's kind of annoying...... :| I read the manual but it's not helping me to figure anything out.

Any ideas?

Oooooo figured it out. The guy who I bought it from had the Axe Fx off set to 1.....

Didn't know you could change that in the Axe Fx itself..... i'm a n00b. :oops:

Just a quick thank you for this thread. Without it, I would be hurting. With it (and the video specificly) I got the GCP running in no time at all. Thank You!

Hi, Can you Help me? I have set up the GCP to work with the Axe FX Ultra, I have set the first instant access to the Delay, and the second to Reverb, and put them to Xmit W/Preset, the problem is that: When I recall a preset from the Axe Fx, it comes with Delay and Reverb Off, so I have to turn them on with the instant access after the recall, I have try the "Normal" and it comes with the effects on, But then I have to step on the instant access Twice to make it off, Should I have to make some set up on the Axe Fx too? Many many thanks, Shorek.

Back
Top Bottom