Video Tutorial: Basic Setup of a GCP with the Axe-FX

Ghostman574

Thought I would put together a quick video about setting up a Ground Control Pro with the Axe-FX. The documentation that comes with the GCP lacks some important content. The video is about eight an half minutes and covers the following topics:

Powering the GCP.
Device Setup
Instant Access Setup

Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH1XEWWhnCQ

When I have some time I will also put together a basic patch setup tutorial and an expression pedal tutorial.

Ghostman574 said:
Thought I would put together a quick video about setting up a Ground Control Pro with the Axe-FX. The documentation that comes with the GCP lacks some important content. The video is about eight an half minutes and covers the following topics:

Powering the GCP.
Device Setup
Instant Access Setup

Here is the link:

When I have some time I will also put together a basic patch setup tutorial and an expression pedal tutorial.

Very well done tutorial. You obviously know you're video presentation stuff. Good job.

I'm going to pin this here. Great job! What camera and video editing software did you use?

Straightforward - slow and simple - and to the point! 2 thumbs!
thumbBORATjpeg.jpg

Thanks for the feedback...

Camera was a Sony HDR-SR10

Editing Software was Vegas Movie Studio Platium 9.0

Sonor 7 Producer Edition was used for the quick and dirty audio.

Great vid. Thanks!

I'd love to see one that incorporates the GCX. Just a basic tutorial on how the Axe Fx could be wired to it.

Dave

Excellent tutorial!

I just set up my GCP with the Axe last week, and this video would have been handy. I am going to set mine "starts with zero" now that you've shown me how.

Post more!

[OFF]
My GCP display version 1.03 on start up.
On your video, GCP show 1.13.
Can you, please, tell me where I can find the lasts updates and how I can flash it?

Thanks.
[/OFF]

Spawn-X said:
[OFF]
Can you, please, tell me where I can find the lasts updates and how I can flash it?

Thanks.
[/OFF]

You got to call Voodoo up and pay around $30 for them to send you the updated eprom.

GuitarDojo said:
Spawn-X said:
[OFF]

Thanks.
[/OFF]

You got to call Voodoo up and pay around $30 for them to send you the updated eprom.

Ok, and can I mount it by myself?

And so, do you know what features appears with it?

Spawn-X said:
GuitarDojo said:
[quote="Spawn-X":3iz3kfv6][OFF]

Thanks.
[/OFF]

Ok, and can I mount it by myself?[/quote:3iz3kfv6]
Installing the new one is easy.
IC chip puller is the best way to get the old one out. (I used 2 small flat heads on both sides ...but I have pulled many a eprom)

GuitarDojo said:
Installing the new one is easy.
IC chip puller is the best way to get the old one out. (I used 2 small flat heads on both sides ...but I have pulled many a eprom)
Ok, thanks.

Good job. Thanks for that. I really could have used it about a month ago when I was setting mine up. This will really help people.

GuitarDojo said:
Spawn-X said:
[OFF]

Thanks.
[/OFF]

What does the new eprom buy you in terms of functionality? I'm on 1.11. I wonder if it would be worth it?

[OFF]
Harmony Ellis of Voodoolab said:
You can purchase a firmware update for your Ground Control Pro, which
comes in the form of an Eprom chip and can be easily installed, without
returning it to the factory. It costs $20.00, plus $7 in shipping and
handling.
This upgrade provides the following new features:
1) Master-Slave mode - In this mode you can link 2 Ground Control Pros
together.
2) Global Program - This is a default preset, that gives you instant
access from anywhere in Ground Control to a main sound or preset of your
choice.
3) Special Mode - Allows for the use of G-Force and Cyber Twin. These
are default settings that will get you started faster if you only want
to control the selected device in the simplest manner. Selecting one of
these setups will overwrite any existing programming. So, if you're not
sure you want to use one, back up your presets first!
4) MIDI information will now pass through the Ground Control Pro.
[/OFF]

Hi guys

how can i control the wahwah with an expressionpedal? I've connected an expressionpedal to the GCP, i've put the pedal on in the setupmode, tried to learn the ultra that the pedal is there, but if i do that, he gives me IA nr. 7 there. How can i make that i can use the expressionpedal as a normal wah??

Ghostman574 said:

Powering the GCP.
Device Setup
Instant Access Setup

Here is the link:

thanks a lot!
since it seems you know the units...can you tell me, if the gcp can call up presets 128 to 200...???
thanks a lot,
rudi

Ghostman574 said:

Powering the GCP.
Device Setup
Instant Access Setup

Here is the link:

Any chance of doing that expression pedal tutorial? I tried setting mine up the other day but the manual doesn't exactly read like something any non-tech geek would understand(therefore my pedal remains not set up). The other vid was great, used it to set up both my singers and my own GCP's with our Axe-Fx's!

Nice tutorial. It took me a while to setup the GCP for the Axe-Fx and everything I learnt the hard way is explained here...
Now do you know if the new MFC-101 will be compatible with the GCX switcher ? I assume the switcher chanels are activated by special midi commands ?

Back
Top Bottom