Video Review: Axe-Fx Ultra

Wow!
This is one of the best reviews I've ever seen... ever!

Kudos for all the effort!

Cheers!
. jonah

Definitely the best presentation review of the Axe-fx... Could have gone way more in depth with each amp, cab, etc... But then it would have been over an hour long!!! Either way, great review!!!

Good review! I agree that more amp sims could've been introduced and you could've tuned your guitar too. Other than that it's all good! :D

Haha, thanks for all the kind words guys!

Yeah, I probably should have tuned my guitar :p I'm not a guitarist first so I don't tend to think about little things like that ^^

I've done some videos showcasing the presets, I thought that was a pretty good indicator of the versatility of the Axe, plus - as someone kindly pointed out - it would have then been too long for a single youtube video :)

I just wanted to
a) Get into doing product video reviews
b) Help out my new favourite hardware manufacturer :D

Very very well done!!

I saw it few days ago and was blown away, fun to watch and still full of info.
I noticed some comment/s about being review or commercial add,
to be honest, to me it did look like commercial add which gives it even higher score
considering the fact that it was NOT commercial aid at the end, good work. :)

The "crazy presets" part suffers because it's mono. Many of those presets were designed for stereo use. All-in-all a nice job.

the-patient said:
Great job man!

I am now wanting to upgrade to an Ultra!

Every time I see the list of what I don't have I get a little sad.

Yes, that is why I went with the Ultra at the get go. I knew I would do that too if I had opted for the Standard. I have not regretted the Ultra purchase at all - though it is far more than I really need. But it is like a box of more and more goodies and surprises. I will get satisfied for awhile, then read some post, and dig in a bit deeper and find more treasures.

FractalAudio said:
The "crazy presets" part suffers because it's mono. Many of those presets were designed for stereo use. All-in-all a nice job.

Thanks so much! For any future videos I'll be sure to go for Stereo :)

Sidivan said:
Now I want to see if I can make a patch that sounds like coffee brewing.

I would love to hear that. Would it be similar to that "Poltergeist pig" preset? (Anyone heard that one? I would love to hear someone find a use for it in a song.)

jiagap said:
the-patient said:
Great job man!

I am now wanting to upgrade to an Ultra!

Every time I see the list of what I don't have I get a little sad.

Yes, that is why I went with the Ultra at the get go. I knew I would do that too if I had opted for the Standard. I have not regretted the Ultra purchase at all - though it is far more than I really need. But it is like a box of more and more goodies and surprises. I will get satisfied for awhile, then read some post, and dig in a bit deeper and find more treasures.

Same here, the Ultra is the gift that keeps on giving. You can lose hours playing with it.

Especially when you're recording a video for youtube with the vocoder and start to wonder what a Dalek might sound like if it was a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom