VIDEO: Mesa Mark V (IIC+) Tone - Patch INCLUDED! - Sean Ashe (instrumental jam)

wow great playing!
how hot are the pickups in that thing?
I downloaded the patch and with my jUSA ackson SL2H soloist (JB/JAzz) , the patch sounded very anemicl.
I added an Eternal lLve drive to the front of it (the USA Lead sims love this drive BTW) with the gain off and the level at noon
and it kills.

They aren't like insane hot, they're the Dimarzio Crunchlab/Liquifire which are just a considered high output but they're still fairly low. I don't play with alot of gain really, it makes my mistakes less noticeable, and I want to hear myself mess up lol so i can get better. Try moving the Input Trim up to simulate hotter pickups. I don't ever really use drive pedals but I'll check that combination out!

You're killing me. I have been playing for close to 45 years, and I couldn't touch that. Sigh - the younger generation is getting ready to take over the world. 6 years - please. I want to jump out my window, but I'm in the basement right now...

Pete

You're killing me. I have been playing for close to 45 years, and I couldn't touch that. Sigh - the younger generation is getting ready to take over the world. 6 years - please. I want to jump out my window, but I'm in the basement right now...

Pete

hahahaha!!! Thanks Pete :)

great stuff man, tone and playing! forgive my laziness in looking but do you have any full originals (album/EP) out?

Hey everyone! Here I am again with another Mesa patch/tone demonstration! About a week and a half ago I tonematched my Mark V on the Mark IV mode, and put out a video, and I really love that tone, but sometimes for lead I like having a similar, but different texture. So I tonematched the legendary IIC+ mode from the Mark V and was thrilled with the results. It's definitely not as 'tight' a sound as the Mark IV so I wouldn't recommend it for rhythms, but it was just a really fun tone to play with and it's nice and forgiving as well haha So here is the short demonstration I did for this tone:

Patch : Axe-Change - Download Preset - Mark IIC+ Tone Match 8.0 - SA - by Sean Ashe
I wrote the backing/lead line and who knows maybe I'll turn it into a song one day! Forgive the sloppiness on the ending hybrid/string skipping lick as that was extremely tough for me to pull off. Let me know what you think \m/

Fantastic work! I'm impressed dude. Keep this stuff coming! :)

No really! You may be the next Vai. Do they keep you locked up in Indiana, possibly in the proverbial 'woodshed'? OMG. I saw your Paul Gilbert video as well - anybody that can cop Gilbert is a hero. Makes me wonder, how many on the board may have this ethereal talent? You should hear this Steve Morse song, panned by the record company, because it was/and he called it "TuMeniNotes". Can I pay for your first year at Berklee (sadly - just kidding)?

Pete

No really! You may be the next Vai. Do they keep you locked up in Indiana, possibly in the proverbial 'woodshed'? OMG. I saw your Paul Gilbert video as well - anybody that can cop Gilbert is a hero. Makes me wonder, how many on the board may have this ethereal talent? You should hear this Steve Morse song, panned by the record company, because it was/and he called it "TuMeniNotes". Can I pay for your first year at Berklee (sadly - just kidding)?

Pete

Thanks so much man, you're too kind! Well no I'm not locked up but theres nothing to do here :/ Barely any gigs, the majority of my students are online as I live in the middle of nowhere haha! I'm trying to find my way out to LA but it's not cheap, I'm pretty much just looking for touring gigs out there. I may apply to MI's full ride so I can get out there because I can't afford it otherwise :(

And yes that would be awesome haha! Berklee would be great but...extremely out of my budget! haha

Also, I love Steve Morse, I was actually thinking about learning Tumeni Notes and putting out a cover of it, as my dad has the Steve Morse guitar! Great guitar, funny because he hasn't even really listened to SM, but I know him ;)

I've had the pleasure of seeing The Dregs live - I swear, he could sleep through it and still pull it off. Yep - Tumeni should be your next project, well, after your tour completes...

I've had the pleasure of seeing The Dregs live - I swear, he could sleep through it and still pull it off. Yep - Tumeni should be your next project, well, after your tour completes...

I'm not positive but i'm pretty confident I learned the beginning arpeggio section before! I remember at the time it was when i was in my total Dream Theater/JP phase about a year ago and I recall comparing it to the Glass Prison Arpeggios haha. I've never seen Steve Morse ever play live, I really want to though! Also want to see Gilbert, but he's never through chicago :p

great stuff man, tone and playing! forgive my laziness in looking but do you have any full originals (album/EP) out?

Just saw this message so sorry for the late reply. I don't have any originals released although I'm working on several different projects right now. Also, thanks so much man I've heard your music and you're an incredible musician! I remember hearing your tunes nearly 2 years ago if i remember correctly, so cool and tasteful :)

Very cool ,loved the playing,Awesome tone.Great patch too:D Thanks
Ok had to edit my post ,that was fuckin Awsome

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom