VIDEO: Jump Solo (Cover) - Van Halen - Sean Ashe AXE FX II

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey everyone, Sean Ashe here again with another youtube cover! This time I chose to do my rendition of the solo from Van Halen's "Jump". My old band used to play this song and we would always like to put our own flavor on our covers, so this is NOT a note for note cover.

My signal chain is just Sterling By Musicman JP50 with Ernie Ball Cobalt strings and Dimarzio pickups, into the Axe FX II Brown Lead preset, no modifications. The backing track is one i found on youtube!

Hard not to subscribe with those puppy eye's ( the dogs that is):D Great playing and tone!

Awesome man! I love the monitors on colored paper and the south park shirt! Great playing too!

I'm going to be 100% honest with you...Those are Dr. Seuss books...

I needed something to prop my monitors up a few inches and also to isolate them as best as i could. They are pretty much all the same size so i just took some from my collection (We kept everything from when i was a kid, or most of it anyway) and have them to support my monitors haha!

@Axeman : I don't want to plug myself too much, but I offer Skype lessons now, so if you want to get some lessons or anything, send an email to seanashelessons@gmail.com

Sounded great. That guitar is perfect for playing that. Matched good with the preset.

Yea I LOVE this guitar. Sterling By Musicman make great guitars and they are a steal of a price. I got this one used for $285 and put the dimarzios in it...I've played the actual musicman counterparts before and to be 100 percent completely honest, I would take my guitar over a BFR haha. I mean the BFR is built better of course but i also hate painted necks. I'd love to get a Suhr down the line though!

Back
Top Bottom