Video - Fractal-Bot updating an Axe-FX II on Mac

Did you find the time to actually play?? :mrgreen

actually no! haha, just played around a bit, but have a drum gig tonight. i do have to re-do my amp tones, but it will be SO easy this time. can't wait to try the new cabs in depth too!

Very cool vid Chris... I wish I had bumped in to it earlier I did my DL with SysEx and it took for ever :?, Oh well... time for play Bra Laters.

After reading a horror story on one of the new posts about a guy who only gets sound when he turns off the mimic feature, and also another guy who had issues in his advanced parameters, I'm kinda freaked out about doing the update. Maybe I'll just hold off for a few days. Thanks though.

I'm sure he could roll back to 9. Don't let one person's trouble prevent you from trying v10. Many more have success and aren't saying anything.

When I used the fractal bot I didnt go to the utility menu and put it into "waiting" mode, i just loaded the firmware in the bot and pushed update, it automatically updated for me.

Awesome vid!

Smooth and flawless FW update and AE install for me using FractalBot!! Thanks a bunch!

When I used the fractal bot I didnt go to the utility menu and put it into "waiting" mode, i just loaded the firmware in the bot and pushed update, it automatically updated for me.

What firmware did you come from? 8 and earlier supposedly requires you to be in update mode manually on the axe. 9 and later should update automatically when you hit transmit.

Thanks Chris!! but I still have a problem. After selecting axe2 the input port/output ports give no other options and they didn't auto select like in the video. i've tried all that I can think of...... any suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks Chris!! but I still have a problem. After selecting axe2 the input port/output ports give no other options and they didn't auto select like in the video. i've tried all that I can think of...... any suggestions?

If there are no options in the I/O drop-downs then the drivers may not be installed properly and/or need to be updated. Download the latest driver from Fractal Audio Systems - Support and see if that helps.

Back
Top Bottom