VIDEO: Deep Purple - Burn

Thanks, 80s. Glad you think I did it justice. Blackmore definitely has a unique style, and while I've performed "harder" songs before, this one was particularly difficult to emulate.

I hear ya. Sometimes nailing the stylistic vibe is much harder than the technical aspects of the parts. You absolutely did both. There's a reason you see few good results at covering Blackmore, it's hard to do. I would say the same thing about covering EVH but there is no shortage of bad Eddie attempts out there including mine I'm sure.

I hear ya. Sometimes nailing the stylistic vibe is much harder than the technical aspects of the parts. You absolutely did both. There's a reason you see few good results at covering Blackmore, it's hard to do. I would say the same thing about covering EVH but there is no shortage of bad Eddie attempts out there including mine I'm sure.

Not to go too far OT, but what's frustrating is that the mainstream guitar press (with the possible exception of Guitar World) seems to have written him off since his Renaissance-style project - despite a fair amount of Strat work on each album.

The latest issue of GP lists the "GP Hall of Fame". Blackmore is naught to be found (unless I am blind and just missed it). But who did all these shredders learn from? Granted, there were a variety of influences, but to a great extent, the DP Mk II albums and Zep really set the bar for soloing in hard rock at that time.

Not to go too far OT, but what's frustrating is that the mainstream guitar press (with the possible exception of Guitar World) seems to have written him off since his Renaissance-style project - despite a fair amount of Strat work on each album.

The latest issue of GP lists the "GP Hall of Fame". Blackmore is naught to be found (unless I am blind and just missed it). But who did all these shredders learn from? Granted, there were a variety of influences, but to a great extent, the DP Mk II albums and Zep really set the bar for soloing in hard rock at that time.

Blackmore's vibrato is truly unique. Nobody can play guitar like him...nobody :D

He's such a moody guitarist though. One day, you listen to him live, you say, what is this guy doing?!? The next day you listen to him live, you say, this guy is absolutely brilliant. Jeff Beck is also like that.

Back
Top Bottom