[Video] 14.01 - Using 2 Modifier Sources on the same parameter

chris

Owner's Manual Reader
i made a quick video showing a couple of ideas for the new 2 Sources for Modifiers.

one idea is to use 2 physical expression pedals to control the same parameter, like the Wah control. one pedal is at your mic, and the other pedal is front stage center for your amazing guitar solo. as the video shows, be sure to park your pedals to HEEL down when not using them when Operation is set to ADDITION, and park your pedals to TOE down when not using them when Operation is set to MULTIPLY.

another idea is to use an expression pedal to control the range of an LFO.

there are so many combinations of things you can do with 2 Sources and the Operation parameter, and tons of block parameters to choose. so let us know what you come up with!

A thing that may not be obvious is that multiply works the way it does because at toe down the value is 1 and at heel down it's zero and in between it's a value between 0 and 1.

Using add and subtract to interfere two LFOs that are set very differently will create some unique LFO curves that weren't previously possible. Great for patterned tremolos and the synth block!

A thing that may not be obvious is that multiply works the way it does because at toe down the value is 1 and at heel down it's zero and in between it's a value between 0 and 1.

Using add and subtract to interfere two LFOs that are set very differently will create some unique LFO curves that weren't previously possible. Great for patterned tremolos and the synth block!
Yeah I’ll have to experiment more to wrap my head around those interactions. I think there’s going to be some crazy stuff people will create!

Thanks for the vid! I have a preset that uses an LFO on whammy to bang it faster/smoother than my ankle can possible go. Now combining that with an expression pedal for 'depth' and engagement control sure seems like a great application of the dual modifiers.

i made a quick video showing a couple of ideas for the new 2 Sources for Modifiers.

one idea is to use 2 physical expression pedals to control the same parameter, like the Wah control. one pedal is at your mic, and the other pedal is front stage center for your amazing guitar solo. as the video shows, be sure to park your pedals to HEEL down when not using them when Operation is set to ADDITION, and park your pedals to TOE down when not using them when Operation is set to MULTIPLY.

another idea is to use an expression pedal to control the range of an LFO.

there are so many combinations of things you can do with 2 Sources and the Operation parameter, and tons of block parameters to choose. so let us know what you come up with!

Great video!

One question: How do you do wah face with the LFO set that fast? I think I'd probably get a cramp about 5 bars in.... :D

I'm looking forward to trying 'subtract', to see if it can replace @Bakerman's trick of (ab)using the LFO to set up a logical NOT between two switches....

Great video!

One question: How do you do wah face with the LFO set that fast? I think I'd probably get a cramp about 5 bars in.... :D

I'm looking forward to trying 'subtract', to see if it can replace @Bakerman's trick of (ab)using the LFO to set up a logical NOT between two switches....
Tested 'subtract' - it only does half of the NOT trick that the LFO (ab)use trick can do, but maybe if there is +, -, and x there can eventually also be ! as well. :) I have no doubt that I will find lots of other things to poke at with this.... :)

UPDATE: It DOES work if you use start/middle/end as 0%, 100%, and 0% and add the two sources, if they are set to 50% scale. Probably due to not being able to set it exactly at 50% with the knob, I had to ad a little scale and subtract a little on the offset, but BLAMMO! I got an LFO back! :)
Screen%20Shot%202020-09-23%20at%203.18.43%20PM.png

Thank you @Bakerman!

Last edited:
Gotta be able to do that TC Mimic now?
I haven’t the talent, but certainly for the skilled here, it’s possible now ... #doubledowndaredog

Gotta be able to do that TC Mimic now?
I haven’t the talent, but certainly for the skilled here, it’s possible now ... #doubledowndaredog
That was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw this feature :)

I don't own one, never played through one, and I'm nowhere near as obsessed with it as some, but I certainly wondered about it. Folks seemed to think unpredictable modulation was a big part of it, if I remember right.

That was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw this feature :)

I don't own one, never played through one, and I'm nowhere near as obsessed with it as some, but I certainly wondered about it. Folks seemed to think unpredictable modulation was a big part of it, if I remember right.

b’zactly!

I love that after all these years I’m discovering features I didn’t know existed and was hopping they did. I have 2 foot pedal rigs setup in relative proximity much like scenario described in OP. I wanted the expression pedal in each rig to modify same parameter. Google search. Oh its a feature thats already been implemented like 3 yrs ago. Fractal is the best.

Back
Top Bottom