VH Tribute…thoughts?

TD77

Inspired
Just came across this…

I was hoping for something to be done eventually to honor Ed. There’s certainly a long list of guitarists who could and would do a tribute justice. Satriani being one. I just…

Hope that Michael Anthony is included. If he isn’t then in my opinion the whole thing is bullshit. Guess we shall wait and see. This is a cool interview and Satriani has some eloquent thoughts on Ed. Very nice.

Just came across this…

I was hoping for something to be done eventually to honor Ed. There’s certainly a long list of guitarists who could and would do a tribute justice. Satriani being one. I just…

Hope that Michael Anthony is included. If he isn’t then in my opinion the whole thing is bullshit. Guess we shall wait and see. This is a cool interview and Satriani has some eloquent thoughts on Ed. Very nice.

It would be great to see this happen. I don't agree with some of Joe's assessment of Eddie's playing.

Either him or Pete Thorn. Another pick, and this is going to sound stupid, is John Mayer.

Satriani would not be close to my pick.
I dont think satch is THE pick...unless i heard it wrong this will be featuring other guitarists as well. Just hope they include MA and Hagar. Not sure how you could pay tribute properly without acknowledging Ed's collaboration with these two. MA is the VOCAL of Van Halen. No disrespect to wolf but anthony should be there 200 percent.

How about Wolfgang? I mean, I have no doubt he’s capable of playing all of his Dad’s material.

How about Wolfgang? I mean, I have no doubt he’s capable of playing all of his Dad’s material.
hes def talented but I dont think he could pull off ALL of his fathers playing. And I dont think he would want to. He has been very vocal about doing his own thing.

I saw a Roth/Vai Eat'em and Smile tour.
I remember being pleased to hear Vai playing Eddie's parts, and disappointed when Vai played his own solos.

Reactions: Woz
I hope Roth isn't going to do the 'heavy lifting' for vocals. I mean sure for the older catalogue but bring Sammy in for the Hagar era. Absolutely have to have Michael A on bass. I agree having Dweezil or Thorn on guitar would be ideal for capturing the closeness to Eddie's playing ; unless its more just tribute and have a bunch of different guitarists paying homage to Eddie in their own way. Guess the Family will decide what they're after. Just please not Roth the entire time mumbling through songs

Back
Top Bottom