Very interesting tone day for me!

Chiguete

Experienced
So today I started the day wanting to try out the 1987X Jump amp and I was happy I was abble to get a similar but angrier (in a nice way) tone out of it than my 1959 Jump amp preset (btw I have to test that one out with a Plexi model some other day)... anyway after I got that good tone with my LP I then changed to 2 other of my guitars and I was not happy at all by one of them. Actually when I stoped playing I was seriusly considering looking to change the pickup!

Anyway I stoped playing for some hours and I then picked up in the night, this time testing the JCM800 and JCM800 #34 AND it was thi #34 that put a big smile in my face with the guitar I was not happy with using the other amp!!!

So has this happend to you guys that you have one guitar that really doesn't work for one amp but in another one is a totally experience?

BTW the LP has Alnico 5 PAF type pickups and the other guitar is a mahogany body and neck with rosewood fingerboard superstrat guitar with a single Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Last edited:
So today I started the day wanting to try out the 1987X Jump amp and I was happy I was abble to get a similar but angrier (in a nice way) tone out of it than my 1959 Jump amp preset (btw I have to test that one out with a Plexi model some other day)... anyway after I got that good tone with my LP I then changed to 2 other of my guitars and I was not happy at all by one of them. Actually when I stoped playing I was seriusly considering looking to change the pickup!

Anyway I stoped playing for some hours and I then picked up in the night, this time testing the JCM800 and JCM800 #34 AND it was thi #34 that put a big smile in my face with the guitar I was not happy with using the other amp!!!

So has this happend to you guys that you have one guitar that really doesn't work for one amp but in another one is a totally experience?

BTW the LP has Alnico 5 PAF type pickups and the other guitar is a mahogany body and neck with rosewood fingerboard superstrat guitar with a single Dimarzio Super Distortion.
interesting. Wonder if it was the extreme difference in pups

This happens all the time for me. I have two teles, a jazzmaster, and a lonestar strat. All have different pickups and outputs so they react to each amp differently. I have preset banks for each individual guitar based on the amps they respond best to. It takes a while to figure out, but it is worth it. Glad you found tones that made you happy!

Yes, like Cam Heiliger says, I have different banks of presets for different guitars. I have a G&L ASAT, G&L Legacy, Guild X-170, and a Gibson ES335, all wonderful but very different. That is the delightful power of the AX8 - customize as needed. Also, sometimes my ears play tricks on me, walking away for a few hours and giving it a fresh listen can be helpful.

It is always a matter of the right guitar and the right amp. When one or the other is not right, then the mojo is not there. But when both are right, the mojo happens.

Yeha only thing is to match guitars and presets settings and another is to match guitars and amps jeje. Now that I have more guitars with really different woods and electronics I'm learning new things :)

Back
Top Bottom