Very Grateful

jiagap

Inspired
Here is a thread for no other reason than being thankful

This AX8 is a huge blessing, tons and tons and hours of fun. Very thankful for this forum offering never ending ideas, tips, and help.

This beast sounds wonderful through whatever I play it through: a pair of Mackie HR824s, a pair of FBT powered monitors, a Roland JC-40, or Fender 65 Princeton reissue. And, as of last week, direct through the PA at church.

This is a great piece of gear with endless palette of tones. Thank you Cliff and team, and all you users. I used to own an Ultra (and loved it at the time) but this AX8 is so much easier for setup and teardown.

~ richard

Here here, so hopeful the next version has a better headphone jack solution so that playing at home is an easier setup.

The ax8 has saved me tons of time setting up at church though, and saved my back from carrying two (matchless and bad cat) amps. Awesome piece of gear!

Here here, so hopeful the next version has a better headphone jack solution so that playing at home is an easier setup.

The ax8 has saved me tons of time setting up at church though, and saved my back from carrying two (matchless and bad cat) amps. Awesome piece of gear!

I suppose a headphone jack would be nice, but I do not miss one as I have that option when I plug into Logic or into my JC-40 and rarely use.

As for ease, indeed. The last trip to church I just had the AX8 in one hand and my guitar in another. One trip. Direct into the PA. This is great for old people like myself. ;-)

On another odd note, I have had mine since March and have not yet taken the plastic protection off of the screen!

I would second the sentiments. As I was preparing my presets for the weekend yesterday, I was reminded how many countless hours I used to spend trying to get my sounds right before the AX8. Using a Tech21 amp simulator for a while and then an Atomic Amplifire for a while with a slew of pedals, my tone was still very much a compromise. The AX8 has made life so much easier as I just drag my amp/cab sounds I want in and dial up some reverb/delays I need and I'm done. All the while, getting many compliments on my tone and carrying a guitar and the AX8 in a laptop bag over my shoulder. Really can't say enough good about this unit if you are playing in a silent stage environment.

I like to think I'm out of the honeymoon phase by now and the AX8 impresses me as much (or more) now than it did on day one. With my previous gear I was constantly coming back the next day and hating the tone I'd created just the day before. This has happened zero times with the AX8. Sounds incredible every single time I plug into it.

I used to spend countless hours researching pedals and boutique amps and auditioning them via Youtube and other sources. That ended for me immediately when the AX8 came. I guess you could say my G.A.S. has been cured. Over the course of the last 25 years I've easily spent tens of thousands of dollars on gear including some of the highest end amps in existence. Never was there a pedal or an amp that was even close to being as inspirational as this box. The Friedman BE100 and Wampler Pinnacle are two pieces of gear that come to mind that I really loved (still own the Pinnacle) and was reasonably happy with, but neither did anything that I can't now do much easier and at a much lower volume.

We're very lucky as guitarists right now. This technology is a game changer and I'm happy to be a tiny part of it.

Back
Top Bottom