Verve 12ma- XLR input only?

TonyGring

Inspired
Tried to find out at the FBT website. No dice. I'm considering one of these and was curious. I'm assuming one XLR input only? Any other input/outputs? Vol/gain knob? any onboard EQ? Could ya tell me please? Thanks, t

Yes, XLR only.

Also has an XLR out (for daisy-chaining).
On-board Volume control, bass control, treble control, ground lift switch. Oh, and a power switch. That's it.

Does everything work fine using a properly wired cable going from AxeFX Output 2 to the Verve balanced input? Has anyone tried this?

Terry.

Tone Seeker said:
Does everything work fine using a properly wired cable going from AxeFX Output 2 to the Verve balanced input? Has anyone tried this?

Terry.
Yes. I wanted to compare the 12mA to my EV, so I used output 2. I simply used a 1/4" male to XLR male adaptor, and hooked it up. It ends up being an unbalanced connection into your 12mA, of course, but it works fine.

Tone Seeker said:

Terry.

I guess the ultimate way to do it would be to get a DI box and convert the unbalanced outputs to balanced.

mitch236 said:
Tone Seeker said:

Terry.

I guess the ultimate way to do it would be to get a DI box and convert the unbalanced outputs to balanced.

Actually, I'm going the other way. Since my Out1 XLR's seem to always get plugged into mic level inputs at the mixer end of the snake (twice causing "sound techs" to scream "TOO HOT!!!!", I'm going to send Out2 to FOH thru a DI from now on and continue to use my Out1 XLR's for my Verve. :)

quonsar said:
mitch236 said:
Tone Seeker said:

Terry.

Actually, I'm going the other way. Since my Out1 XLR's seem to always get plugged into mic level inputs at the mixer end of the snake (twice causing "sound techs" to scream "TOO HOT!!!!", I'm going to send Out2 to FOH thru a DI from now on and continue to use my Out1 XLR's for my Verve. :)

qonsar, what's that guitar in your sig? looks like a rounded off Les Paul? Do you have some larger pics?

quonsar said:
mitch236 said:
Tone Seeker said:

Terry.

That's pretty much what I do by default now. Saves time and trouble in these different clubs. I got sick of getting a 'deer in the headlights' look when I asked if their inputs where line level or instrument level. "Huh?"

Now I just feed them from my DI tapped off output 2 and all is well.

So what's a good quality, reasonably priced DI box? Any recommended brands/models? Any of them have "cool features", or are they just plain,dumb DIs?

Dpoirier said:
So what's a good quality, reasonably priced DI box? Any recommended brands/models? Any of them have "cool features", or are they just plain,dumb DIs?

Any good solid box will do. I've owned and used a Radial JDI for years and years; just the best built passive DI I've ever used. It's not cheap, but you'll never need another. Every feature a passive DI will ever need. I've never regretted owning or using it.

By the way, here's a follow-up question on the Verve speakers:

The ground lift switch in the back has two positions: "on" and "off". This, to my non-native English brain, is ambiguous. I'm used to switches that say "lift" in one position (there is no ambiguity that when you place the switch at the "lift" position, you have lifted the ground). But "on"? Or "off"? What does that mean? I have to assume "on" actually lifts the ground, but it's not 100% sure in my brain. The manual doesn't help at all.

Anyone know for sure? Or all you all making the same assumption?

Dpoirier said:
By the way, here's a follow-up question on the Verve speakers:

The ground lift switch in the back has two positions: "on" and "off". This, to my non-native English brain, is ambiguous. I'm used to switches that say "lift" in one position (there is no ambiguity that when you place the switch at the "lift" position, you have lifted the ground). But "on"? Or "off"? What does that mean? I have to assume "on" actually lifts the ground, but it's not 100% sure in my brain. The manual doesn't help at all.

Anyone know for sure? Or all you all making the same assumption?

That's kind of like another unit I know of that only has a somewhat ambiguous arrow to indicate whether ground is lifted or not. lol.

Dpoirier, if it's humming, flip it to the other position. Doesn't really matter which is which, only thing that matters is no hum.

Scott Peterson said:
Dpoirier, if it's humming, flip it to the other position. Doesn't really matter which is which, only thing that matters is no hum.

:lol: it ether buzzes or it doesn't

Back
Top Bottom