version information could not be queried

lironas1

hey guys how are you my friends?
'im posting this here because I'm not sure if this classifies as a bug or me just being technologically retarded as of lately.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I just don't know what to do. I cannot for the life of me get my Axe-FX 2 to connect to my Macbook Pro via USB- i have try it with a windows 10 on bootcamp and mac yosemite on the mac os . I downloaded and installed the drivers few times, but Axe-Edit isn't recognizing my AxeFX II xl+ . When I am using Axe-Edit and I go to Settings > Midi Settings > Midi I/O, there is option for AxeFX 2 xl , but when i connecting- it- its trying for a minute and say version information could not be queried,when i turm off the computer and restart it- after few times it will work- but its can take for 10- restarts untill it will work. I thought it was possibly something wrong with the driver, so I deleted it and reinstalled it. Multiple times. Still not working. Maybe the actual driver itself is bugged and needs to be patched? Maybe I need to put in some settings on my AFX2 xl as well? i am using a quantom on my axe. the axe edit verison is 3.4.0

That is from Fractal Bot. Axe Edit tries to communicate but then fails. These are the things I tried:

Different USB cable
Different USB port
Different computer
One computer with Mac OS X Yosemite
One computer with Windows 10
reinstall al drivers and softwares.
i would really really like to get your help to find the answear for the problem.
i tried connect fractal support - still we didnt solve that- so i am asking you- help lol
This is getting really frustrating. I'm sure it has something to do with me, but I'm not sure what. I've had the thing for two days and have yet to play it :(

Thanks in advance.

I will try to help, but sorry my English is not good. I have axe-fx 2 (not xl or xl+) and use windows 10 (64 bit) on macbook air with bootcamp.

Could you check if your usb port on the macbook is good? Maybe try to use the port with mouse or external drive.

Then the usb cable (I guess you already tried) working properly? Maybe try to use the same cable to other device, just want to ensure.

Try to redownload the latest driver with good connection (just to ensure the file not corrupt). I am windows guy, only know how to do it on windows, never try osx.

I would suggest clean installation. Please uninstall all fractalaudio applications and drivers. When you uninstall the drivers, please check also the readme.txt from the latest drivers you just downloaded. There's a note you should check on the last two paragraph. After that reboot system.

Install the drivers, and ensure no usb cable connected. During installation at certain point it will ask to connect your computer with axe-fx using usb, so it is the correct time to connect computer to axe-fx.

If the problem still exist (after all the step above done properly), I guess either the drivers file is corrupt or the axe-fx usb has problem? (I hope not)

I write this from memory, anybody please correct me.

hey guys how are you my friends?
'im posting this here because I'm not sure if this classifies as a bug or me just being technologically retarded as of lately.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I just don't know what to do. I cannot for the life of me get my Axe-FX 2 to connect to my Macbook Pro via USB- i have try it with a windows 10 on bootcamp and mac yosemite on the mac os . I downloaded and installed the drivers few times, but Axe-Edit isn't recognizing my AxeFX II xl+ . When I am using Axe-Edit and I go to Settings > Midi Settings > Midi I/O, there is option for AxeFX 2 xl , but when i connecting- it- its trying for a minute and say version information could not be queried,when i turm off the computer and restart it- after few times it will work- but its can take for 10- restarts untill it will work. I thought it was possibly something wrong with the driver, so I deleted it and reinstalled it. Multiple times. Still not working. Maybe the actual driver itself is bugged and needs to be patched? Maybe I need to put in some settings on my AFX2 xl as well? i am using a quantom on my axe. the axe edit verison is 3.4.0

That is from Fractal Bot. Axe Edit tries to communicate but then fails. These are the things I tried:

Different USB cable
Different USB port
Different computer
One computer with Mac OS X Yosemite
One computer with Windows 10
reinstall al drivers and softwares.
i would really really like to get your help to find the answear for the problem.
i tried connect fractal support - still we didnt solve that- so i am asking you- help lol
This is getting really frustrating. I'm sure it has something to do with me, but I'm not sure what. I've had the thing for two days and have yet to play it :(

Thanks in advance.

I have the some problem. I check all my USB ports and they are OK, the cable it's OK, the new softwares and nothing happends. I just switch everything to my MacbookPro with OSX 10.6.8 and VOILA!!! eveything it's prefectly working, just I cannot have sound recording cause I thinks the revision for that starts on OSX 10.7 or 10.8... I need help too !!!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom