verify my understanding of power amp sections in axe fx

audemia

Inspired
hey

so i just got a hold of an art sla 2 and i'm loving it, however before i had it i was running my ultra through the power amp insert of my jvm410H. I read somewhere that the jvm power sections are the same as the plexi power amp sections.

but just as a reference point, if i wanted to mimick the sound of axe fx -> jvm effects loop return on the afx -> art sla 2 could i just adjust the advanced parameters of each amp model to those of the plexi's?

for example:

using euro uber model on axe fx into the jvm fx return

would this be the same as using the uber model and changing the depth, damp, warmth, sag etc. to be the same as the plexi model? should this sound almost the same?

let me know if my question isn't clear

thanks

quite a few views and no response. i'll reiterate the question.

i want to know if {scenario 1} is a good simulation of {scenario 2}

scenario 2:

axe fx plugged into return of jvm410h fx loop

scenario 1:

axe fx -> art sla 2
in order to mimic the power section of the marshall jvm, alter any amp sims used so that the depth, sag, warmth, thump and all those other ones like power tube bias and B+ cap (no idea what they do by the way) are the same as the plexi model sim

should this simulate a axe -> jvm?

Obviously, by the way you are posting, you got the right leads and the SLA2 is working OK.....

That's good to hear.

From my understanding this should be the same, as the AXE is mimicing the Amp circuit that you are trying to use.

Mic

but just as a reference point, if i wanted to mimick the sound of axe fx -> jvm effects loop return on the afx -> art sla 2 could i just adjust the advanced parameters of each amp model to those of the plexi's?

No. You can probably get it to sound good on its own, though. Many people have gotten some amazing tones with Axe/SLA2 rigs.

so when you say "no" you mean, no, this approach is not accurate? can you please explain it further for me?

im not denying that the axe/sla2 sounds good. i just want to use it as a reference point, there's only really one setting from the axe/jvm setup that i want to replicate with the axe/art.

the art sla is making me appreciate solid state amps as some of my new settings still have the power amp (sag = 0 ) turned off and still sound great. tube snobbery has no further business with me :)

Back
Top Bottom