ver 11b - 'Tallica Tone Matches

Just got back from vacation and checked presets.
Master is using cabinet Factory 39 - 1960B T75 and Blackened Factory 38 - 1960A G12M.
What do you mean by artifacts? Are you sure you're running 11beta firmware?

woah, so did you use an Amp + Cab + TM block? I think you might get better results ditching the cab and just using the TM block
Oh I didn't dl the patch either I was going off the recording

hmmm. ok, let me see if I can hunt this down. I wonder if it has anything to do with the transcoding from 48khz to 44khz to mp3?

Doubt it......tone matching/eq matching can be hit or miss depending on the length of the clip....a whole bunch of things...sometimes you get "wind tunnel" sounds all sorts of strange things ...the longer the clip to sample the more accurate.
I always got better results using Ozone and converting it to an IR (sans the nasty high spike)

Ok, I think I finally got it, thanks for the help. The key was to remove tha cab even if you are using it to try and get the sound as close as possible before matching.

I updated the preset on axechange

sounds good! have you got ozone or any frequency programs? I'd maybe up the gain a little (drive block?) and maybe cut a little in the bottom
If you use ozone you can compare how close it is to the original
I'd almost leave kill em all lol....that was one of the best TM's I've heard even if it was amp/cab/TM...that was sick!

sounds good! have you got ozone or any frequency programs? I'd maybe up the gain a little (drive block?) and maybe cut a little in the bottom
If you use ozone you can compare how close it is to the original
I'd almost leave kill em all lol....that was one of the best TM's I've heard even if it was amp/cab/TM...that was sick!

Thanks, yes I have Ozone. Will give it a shot. I always used Ozone when trying to do manual EQ matching with my VG-99. One thing I didn't mention is that I used the amp settings based on Flemming Rasmussen's studio notes and drawings. However, even after that I felt that it sounded like there wasn't enough gain on blackened....

Thanks, yes I have Ozone. Will give it a shot. I always used Ozone when trying to do manual EQ matching with my VG-99. One thing I didn't mention is that I used the amp settings based on Flemming Rasmussen's studio notes and drawings. However, even after that I felt that it sounded like there wasn't enough gain on blackened....

I've always tried to use the amp close to what the artist used but sometimes its better to try something else. some of the EQ matches I did used completely different amps.
this was pre MIMIC though

Dude i must say, being a fairly new axe-owner, that youve nailed it! Presets are fucking rad man... Esspecially MOP. Best sound ive had in years. Now listen i don't know how much time you spend on these things, but could I like request Tone Matches from you? Sounds to me like you know what youre doing. Cause i cant get the tones that i make close enough...

Anyways keep up the good work, and I can't wait for the black album patch...

Dude i must say, being a fairly new axe-owner, that youve nailed it! Presets are fucking rad man... Esspecially MOP. Best sound ive had in years. Now listen i don't know how much time you spend on these things, but could I like request Tone Matches from you? Sounds to me like you know what youre doing. Cause i cant get the tones that i make close enough...

Anyways keep up the good work, and I can't wait for the black album patch...

Thanks, Black Album later this week. For now, I've added Ride The Lightning at the top of the thread so go check it out!!!!!

AT.

Dude i must say, being a fairly new axe-owner, that youve nailed it! Presets are fucking rad man... Esspecially MOP. Best sound ive had in years. Anyways keep up the good work, and I can't wait for the black album patch...

Black album patch and sample are up now at the top of the OP. I should mention a couple of things.... Its best to listen to these in stereo and played through FRFR Cabs or Studio Monitors. I don't generally make mono patches. Also, I'm firing some of the sample riffs off the cuff as some of these songs I played 20 yrs ago! Any artifacts you're hearing is from my playing/recording and not the patches themselves. Thanks for listening and hopefully people can make use of these. Death Magnetic is up next!

Ok, I've added Death/Beyond Magnetic now. Harmonies are done with the Pitch Shifter by changing to scene2. The recording sample isn't the best, a few string squeeks and shoulda used a metronome...

Back
Top Bottom