Vegas Sphere

Those are great photos. And from what I can tell from the YouTube videos, the sound seems amazing.
I read a few posts from people that said the sound was amazing. One person said they usually wear ear plugs at concerts because their ears would ring aftwards. They said that they didn’t need ear plugs. Based on the audio from all the phone videos, it must not have been that loud because the audio was clear and not breaking up.

If you are still undecided about going or if you do decide to go, you can find a lot of information in this FB group;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1121183695480170

I'm just super bitter over the exorbitant prices on these things.
I will instead support 5 mid tier artists, I can't make myself go to these sort of $1k+ shows.
:confused:

I'm just super bitter over the exorbitant prices on these things.
I will instead support 5 mid tier artists, I can't make myself go to these sort of $1k+ shows.
:confused:
I’ve seen lots of posts from people that paid under $200 by waiting out the scalpers. I think the $1k+ tickets are packages.

I wouldn't go see U2 there with free tickets, so look forward to seeing what events pop up down the road. Looks amazing.

I'm really interested to see what Phish does with this venue. I would assume the U2 set is fairly static and doesn't change much night to night. However, I've heard rumors that Phish could play up to eight shows and wouldn't repeat a song for the entire run. I have all the faith that Kuroda is up to the challenge and would be able to keep it interesting. I do think that it takes some of the emphasis off the band.

Another band I think would be interesting there is the Flaming Lips.

Last edited:
the band seems to be an afterthought give the "experience" !
why bother having them play live?
That’s why I decided not to go. Since 1983, I’ve tried to get as close as possible when seeing them, twice in the front row, and a few times within 1st 5 rows. Sitting way back to get the visual experience didn’t fire me up enough to book a flight and hotel. And I had a free ticket.

I'm torn between thinking the Sphere is one of the coolest things I've ever seen vs thinking it absolutely renders the band playing into almost irrelevancy and 'secondary' to the proceedings.

Even seeing some of the modern productions/concerts in regular sheds I'm not really on board with how distracting the constant barrage of 'over-the-top bling' is these days. Add to that a sea of a billion bright screens also distracting from the event the whole concert experience is jumping the shark for me. It never ceases to make me wonder why so many people pay big $$$ to watch an entire concert thru their phones, recording a show which they'll never likely ever watch again.

I saw Robert Plant over the summer and it was so refreshing to see a simple, elegant stage, lighting, etc. and it was all about the music. It was also very cool that this crowd only had a very small amount of people recording it with phones.

Yes, I'm a cranky older guy lol.

I'm torn between thinking the Sphere is one of the coolest things I've ever seen vs thinking it absolutely renders the band playing into almost irrelevancy and 'secondary' to the proceedings.

Even seeing some of the modern productions/concerts in regular sheds I'm not really on board with how distracting the constant barrage of 'over-the-top bling' is these days. Add to that a sea of a billion bright screens also distracting from the event the whole concert experience is jumping the shark for me. It never ceases to make me wonder why so many people pay big $$$ to watch an entire concert thru their phones, recording a show which they'll never likely ever watch again.

I saw Robert Plant over the summer and it was so refreshing to see a simple, elegant stage, lighting, etc. and it was all about the music. It was also very cool that this crowd only had a very small amount of people recording it with phones.

Yes, I'm a cranky older guy lol.
But you're not wrong ;)

He leads in like we're at a boxing event... hahahaha
LMAO!! Oh, at the beginning...I thought you were talking about Bono. I skipped over that part and went right to Zoo Station! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Or a soccer announcer....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

LMAO!! Oh, at the beginning...I thought you were talking about Bono. I skipped over that part and went right to Zoo Station! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Or a soccer announcer....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!
I understand what he's saying, but I was like what, no, stop, let the band play LOL

Back
Top Bottom