Vegas Sphere

At what point does the live band not matter here? I'd go for the visuals alone.
Yeah, that's an interesting question. The venue, audio, and video presentation is so very cool, does the band take a back seat to all of it? Or do you just not worry about that and get lost in the show? Definitely a new perspective on things. Does it make a typical U2 stadium show seem cut-rate now? :)

That's a good question. I saw the ZooTV tour in 1992 and I was absolutely blown away not only by the scale of the backdrop and the visuals, but by watching the band and listening to the music. The tones were absolutely incredible! I don't think it's any different then when music videos first appeared, it's just on much larger scale. The music was still the focal stimuli, in my opinion. You feel music, just as much, if not more, than you hear it.

In a venue this large, I guess it depends on where you're sitting/standing. Here's a clip from someone that was close to the stage. You can clearly see the members of the band but I would imagine your neck might get sore looking up.

That's a good question. I saw the ZooTV tour in 1992 and I was absolutely blown away not only by the scale of the backdrop and the visuals, but by watching the band and listening to the music. The tones were absolutely incredible! I don't think it's any different then when music videos first appeared, it's just on much larger scale. The music was still the focal stimuli, in my opinion. You feel music, just as much, if not more, than you hear it.

In a venue this large, I guess it depends on where you're sitting/standing. Here's a clip from someone that was close to the stage. You can clearly see the members of the band but I would imagine your neck might get sore looking up.

They're a force of nature, damn.
Edge in particular just nails all these different vibes and eras of what he's done.
Such a pro, but it's more than that.
They really are that thing they are.

Notice everyone is watching through their phones.

Notice everyone is watching through their phones.
Seems to be the norm these days. I might take the odd pic., but I'm old school, I like to go and enjoy the moment.

Oh well, good thing for guys like me who won't be going to Vegas. Lots of YouTube videos.

It’s almost as if that’s the point. Seems like the worse your seat is relative to the band, the better the visual experience.

I actually have a ticket for 10/25 but have decided not to go. May regret it.

Back
Top Bottom