Variable Low cut Filter block

Techboy57

Inspired
At one time I had seen a variable low cut/high pass filter block for the Axe FX Ultra. It allowed you to cut the low end to tighten up the sound. I believe it used the ADSR or Envelope controler to reduce the low frequency content the harder you played. Anyone out there have something like this. Thanks, Perry aka Techboy57

You can use the low band of the Multi-Band Compressor to control the low end dynamically. Set the ratio of the other two bands to 1 if you don't want those to affect the sound.
Thanks I"ll give that a try . But a MB comp eats up 7 % of the CPU where as a filter block takes less than 1 % CPU.

There must be someone out there who did this at one time with the ULTRA.

Use the Filter block on the Low Shelf setting and attach a modifier to the gain parameter with the envelope controller as the source. Set MIN to zero and MAX to the highest amount of low cut you want. Downside to this approach is the envelope controller will respond to the whole frequency spectrum, not just the low end, so any loud signal will cause the lows to be cut.

The other option would be to use a crossover block to feed a parallel compressor for just the lows. Routing is more complex though.

Back
Top Bottom