Van Halen - Feel Your Love Tonight

GuitarMan86

Power User
Hey All,

Here is one I did tonight using a free backing track I found online. This is direct into my Axe FXII using Adobe Audition.

I used the Friedman HBE with the drive set pretty low and a TS808 out front followed by a Phaser block (for the solo only)....little reverb and delay with a 250ms slap low mix. Old school Van Halen! 8)

Guitar is panned left except for the solo.

Curious why you panned it left? It would sound bigger double tracked. Great playing.

Thanks! I was just trying to mimic the original recordings....all guitars are left for the old VH stuff (fun when learning the tunes....you can crank the balance to the right and you have an instant backing track to play along with haha) I agree it would have definitely sounded bigger.

Sounds great to me.. Any chance of the patch?

Thanks!

Haven't bothered since I haven't been using Axe Edit.....waiting for the new release soon :)
Once it's out I will usually attach the patch with anything I post.

It really isn't anything more than an HBE AMP block and a TS808 in front with some reverb. I use the drive on the amp block around 5 bass at 5 mid 6 treb 6 and one of the free OH IR cabs

cool sounds good, I think you actually need more verb on there to open it up a little more (and get your lead track a little louder) and you're there, Nicely done :)
whacha going to do next?

Last edited:
cool sounds good, I think you actually need more verb on there to open it up a little more (and get your lead track a little louder) and you're there, Nicely done :)
whacha going to do next?

Thanks! Funny you say that lol....I couldnt make up my mind on the reverb and what I was shooting for. I wasnt to proud of the lead track....I didnt have to much time to nail...so therefore it wasnt as lound on purpose ;) haha. I am pretty happy with the tone outside of the reverb. I happened to play this on my MIM Strat with HSS pickups since I didnt have a guitar close by that was tuned a 1/2 down lol

...hmmm what to do next? Not sure just yet....maybe another VH tune or I was thinking some Hair Metal this time lol. But, need a good backing track.

Back
Top Bottom