Valvetrain - Powertrain Stage 50 w/ Celestion F12-X200!

boogieman75

Experienced
Hey all, I just wanted to share my experience with my latest setup: the new Valvetrain Powertrain Stage 50.

This tube driven powered speaker is great! Mine came stock with the Eminence EM12 which is a great speaker, but once I threw in the new Celestion F12-X200, that took it to a whole new level. I also have an Eminence RW&B, which is what comes stock with the new Michael Britt Signature model. I may experiment with that down the road as a comparison.

It doesn't feel stale or like there is a blanket over the speaker with cab sim on...and currently running my AX8 into it and feels and reacts just like my tube amps.

amp modeling:eek:n
cab sim:eek:n

The best part of all this is now when I change patches the overall tone changes depending on IR and has it's own flavor.

I know, I know...this thread is meaningless without.... I will try and provide clips when I have a chance.

The only major con is this is not an inexpensive/low cost setup by any means - but the cab is light and by replacing the Eminence with the Celestion I was able to shave off about 7 lbs. I have heard rumors of a neo version of this speaker in the works as well.

I am considering one of these as well. I play mild overdriven and edge of breakup stuff in a rock band. Looking to just use as a back line for small rooms. I’ve tried many speaker options and excluding the asm12 I found all others to fall short. Does this indeed provide you amp punch? Is it loud enough to play with a somewhat aggressive drummer? Also I’m not hung up on flat response stuff, but does it transfer tones from studio speakers to Valvetrain?

I have used it 2 gigs now and I am still amazed how great this powered cab is. I am going to order a matching extension 1x12 cab and throw an eminence RW&B in so it will be like having the best of both worlds. I will also be using the seymour duncan powerstage 170 as a backup as well. It would have no problem keeping up with that style of drummer. I too strive for the slightly overdriven/edge of breakup tones as well. Most of, if not all of my patches were created using an Atomic CLR and they all translate very well. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
The Eminence RWB isn't an FRFR speaker. You're playing through it with cab modeling enabled?

Back
Top Bottom