ValveTrain Lexington Reverb 1x10 Combo Preset

WhiteSpace

Inspired
I own this amp and it had been my main amp since about 2010. It is a tweed champ style amp with a 1x10. The speaker I have is an Eminence Ramrod 10" 8 ohm. As far as tubes, mine has 12AX7 for pre-amp and spring reverb and a 6V6GT for power amp according to the manual I have that came with it. Some more recent ones have a 12" speaker and a 6L6GT, but not mine.

There is a raw switch which the manual says increases brightness and gain. It is pretty subtle.
There is a low power switch which reduces the 7 watts to 1.5 watts.
LexReverb-1x10-Combo-Back.jpg LexReverb-1x10-Combo-Front.jpg
I have tried to replicate this amp using the AX8 Firmware 9.04 using 5F1 Tweed EC block, F134 speaker (1x12 tweed-verb) cab block and small spring reverb block.

I have a CS1 switch doing the Raw switch function. Just for fun. I don't use this in my presets.
I have a CS2 switch doing the low power function. Again Just for fun. I don't use this in my presets.
CS1 controls the gain and brightness switch on the 5F1 amp block.
CS2 controls a Vol/Pan.

I set controls to match the real amp at volume 4.5, tone 4.5, reverb 4.5 - again this is not scientific as I used my ears ;-) The amp only has one tone control, so I adjusted bass, mid, trebles to come close to the amp setting around mid point.

It's better than the real thing because I can control the AX8 OUT1/2 levels and get it as loud as i want without changing the tonal characteristics. If I do this with the real amp, it breaks up too much and I don't have enough stage volume. It works really well with a blues driver in front of it. I used a Boss BD2 and just use the AX8 version of it in most of my dirty presets.

If any of you could try and provide feedback, it would be great. My band could not really tell the difference when I switched to the AX8 and used this as my main preset for songs.

Attachments

• VT Lexington ReVerb 1x10.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I own this amp and it had been my main amp since about 2010. It is a tweed champ style amp with a 1x10. The speaker I have is an Eminence Ramrod 10" 8 ohm. As far as tubes, mine has 12AX7 for pre-amp and spring reverb and a 6V6GT for power amp according to the manual I have that came with it. Some more recent ones have a 12" speaker and a 6L6GT, but not mine.

There is a raw switch which the manual says increases brightness and gain. It is pretty subtle.
There is a low power switch which reduces the 7 watts to 1.5 watts.
View attachment 48100 View attachment 48101
I have tried to replicate this amp using the AX8 Firmware 9.04 using 5F1 Tweed EC block, F134 speaker (1x12 tweed-verb) cab block and small spring reverb block.

I have a CS1 switch doing the Raw switch function. Just for fun. I don't use this in my presets.
I have a CS2 switch doing the low power function. Again Just for fun. I don't use this in my presets.
CS1 controls the gain and brightness switch on the 5F1 amp block.
CS2 controls a Vol/Pan.

I set controls to match the real amp at volume 4.5, tone 4.5, reverb 4.5 - again this is not scientific as I used my ears ;-) The amp only has one tone control, so I adjusted bass, mid, trebles to come close to the amp setting around mid point.

It's better than the real thing because I can control the AX8 OUT1/2 levels and get it as loud as i want without changing the tonal characteristics. If I do this with the real amp, it breaks up too much and I don't have enough stage volume. It works really well with a blues driver in front of it. I used a Boss BD2 and just use the AX8 version of it in most of my dirty presets.

If any of you could try and provide feedback, it would be great. My band could not really tell the difference when I switched to the AX8 and used this as my main preset for songs.
good job dude! it sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom