Valve PA without Pres or Res graphic eq before a good idea?

paganskins

I've managed to pick up an older PV classic 120 mono valve power amp, it's the model without presence or resonance controls and the volume on the back.

Coming from using traditional valve heads and being used to being able to adjust on the fly to compensate for rooms and changes in gig levels etc would something like a 15 band GEQ be a good idea before the power amp and is anyone else doing this?

I'm not using a AxeFX BTW but this seems to be the best place to get knowledge on amplifying modelers.

For the record it's a L6 HD so no global EQ available except output select. Oh and the PA will be running into a 2x12 celestion g75t loaded cab.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Valve PA without Pres or Res graphic eq before a good id

Sure, I do that with good results, try it.

paganskins said:
I've managed to pick up an older PV classic 120 mono valve power amp, it's the model without presence or resonance controls and the volume on the back.

Coming from using traditional valve heads and being used to being able to adjust on the fly to compensate for rooms and changes in gig levels etc would something like a 15 band GEQ be a good idea before the power amp and is anyone else doing this?

I'm not using a AxeFX BTW but this seems to be the best place to get knowledge on amplifying modelers.

For the record it's a L6 HD so no global EQ available except output select. Oh and the PA will be running into a 2x12 celestion g75t loaded cab.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Valve PA without Pres or Res graphic eq before a good id

DJD100 said:
Sure, I do that with good results, try it.

How many band is your GEQ?

I also run a seperate out from my piezo bridge for 'acoustic' tones to the PA and looking at available GEQs a dual 15 band could cover my electric and acoustic tones in a 1U package.

Back
Top Bottom