IRs Valhallir Master Thread - New cab pack V2-Camo!

Third-party impulse response pack
Hi,
any chance you guys measured low and high resonance freq, Q etc.? (I know about the 113hz though)
With no impedance curve for a Diezel 4x12 and no way for a mortal like me to measure that, maybe you guys can help me out?

Chris

Hi,
any chance you guys measured low and high resonance freq, Q etc.? (I know about the 113hz though)
With no impedance curve for a Diezel 4x12 and no way for a mortal like me to measure that, maybe you guys can help me out?

Chris
As the "resonance curve" thing is a very "young" feature, we are already working on ways to provide workarounds to Fractal users. As we don't have a deeper insight, I can't exactly tell you, how. To be honest, in my opinion it's just a feature, where you can "tune" the sound to your liking. With the new tools it's already possible, to make existing cabs sound completely different. Let's see, where this will end...

https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-sven7/

V2-SVEN7 wallpaper.jpg

Based on measurements of a Ampeg™ SVT410E 4×10″ cab and it’s evil sister SVT15E 15″ from 1998, we proudly present a real candy for the bass-players:

The V2-Sven7 cab pack! This Tower of Power has seen countless stages – as you can see – and belongs to Joe Schnell, the bass player from the Austrian Hardcore band NACA7.

Together with our mega selling cabs https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-mb1992/ and https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-jcm1980/ , Valhallir now offers the complete
backline from the band!

The following mics were used for this cab pack:

Audix® D6
AKG® D202, AKG® D112, AKG® C414
Shure® SM57, Shure® SM7-B
Sennheiser® MD421, Sennheiser® e906
sE Electronics® 4400 II, sE Electronics® sE8, sE Electronics® V7X, sE Electronics® VR1

Here is Valhallir-betatester and bass-monster Nick Meola showing the sounds of V2-Sven7:

Meet the band:

www.facebook.com/naca7aphc/

www.naca7.com

Last edited:
Marco Fanton and Valhallir proudly present:

The V2-Marco Fanton Selection!
https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-marco-fanton-selection/

A collection of 160 great impulse responses, chosen from 6 of Marco's favorite Valhallir cabs, (including IRs from the previously unreleased "V2-Rocky" cab pack, which is based on a "RockBlock" from Divided by 13(R) - now in one Mega-Pack!
MF Selection Instacube low def.jpg

Due to the situation worldwide, and especially in Italy, Valhallir and Marco Fanton want to give a little help to our friends out there:

We will donate 100 % of the income of this cab pack to an Italian aid organization, which will be chosen by Marco until the 13th of April
http://www.protezionecivile.gov.it/...E5-FmwCdCnI_yGrmD43DgHtwDmg4XTb4c76YT8hmqCgMg

Stay healthy and take care,
Bastian & Andy from Valhallir.at and
Marco Fanton

https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-fryer/
V2-Fryer wallpaper.jpg
In our honest opinion, this cab is one of the best, if not THE best 4x12 cab, when it comes to all styles from Hard Rock to Modern Metal. If you are looking for an "american" low bottom and "british" mids in one cab, this might be the right IR collection for you.

Based on measurements of an 412s, loaded with Eminence™ P50E speakers, built exclusivley for Steven Fryette , the Fryette™ 412S P50E is just phenomenal.

Due to the high quality of this cab, even our "selection" folder contains 82 IRs from the different speakers and the 12 mikes, we used for this babe.

Low resonance frequency: 115 Hz.

The following mics were used for this cab pack:

AKG® D202

AKG® C414

Lewitt® MTP440

Shure® SM57

Shure® SM7-B

Sennheiser® MD421

Sennheiser® e906

sE Electronics® 4400 II

sE Electronics® sE8

sE Electronics® V7X

sE Electronics® VR1

Royer® R121

Thanks for all attending guitarists, the Covid19 donation fundraiser for Italy has ended today with an amount of € 2.695 (55 sold cab packs for each € 49,-) We rounded it up to € 2.800,- which will be transfered within the next 2 work days.

Mille grazie,
Bastian, Andy and Marco

https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-angie/
V2-Angie wallpaper med def.jpg
Ladies and Gentlemen: Let us introduce you to Germany’s most powerful lady!

This great 4×12 cab is nothing less than one of the first PROTOTYPES from the well known German amp-company ENGL®. Built in 1991 and loaded
with 4 great, selected T3904 V30’s from Celestion®, this cab belongs to the very first bunch of cabs, that got delivered to a small group of german musical instrument stores. The rest is history!

Based on the extraordinary craftmanship, the acustic improvements and the selected speakers, V2-Angie is hands down the best V30-loaded 4×12 cab,
we had in our hands untill now.

Accordingly we used a REAL BIG BUNCH of microphones for the cab pack, which was done by our V2-processing Voodoo-priest Bastian “Bastaman” Bührig from Hannover.

And there you go:
AKG® D202, AKG® C414, AKG® C1000
Audix® i5
Lewitt® MTP440
sE Electronics® 4400 II, sE Electronics® sE8
sE Electronics® V7X, sE Electronics® V7
sE Electronics® VR1, sE Electronics® X1R
Royer® R121

A big hug to our fellow friend Johannes “Hey Joe” Bierwirth, for his trust in our work.

Wanna know how it sounds? Then listen to Al Rivero's new track:

V2-Red Special Wallpaper.jpg
https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-red-special/

Here we go with a very special "All-you-can-eat-triple-cab pack!!! Say hello to the "V2-Red Special" !

Just take 3 expensive speaker-heavy-weights like an Altec® 417-BH II with Alu-Cone, an Electro-Voice® EVM-12L and a Celestion® G12-Alnico Cream

and load them into Valhallir-Owner Andy's custom built "Red Majesty" 1x12" cab.

This sophistically constructed, oversized custom cab is strictly engineered for performance and helps the speakers to provide their absolute tonal maximum.

The "Red Majesty" cab was built after Andys specs from Peter Zoglauer, who is also responsible for the V2-Wolverine https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-wolverine/.

Brilliant cleans? - Ultra-fat low end? - Creamy leads with adorable mids? V2-Altus, V2-Eve and V2-Cream will give you everything you need and provide a versatility for every kind of amp and every musical style.

The following microphones have been used for this cab pack:

AKG® D202, AKG® C414

Lewitt® MTP440

sE Electronics® 4400 II, sE Electronics® sE8, sE Electronics® V7X, sE Electronics® VR1

Royer® R121

Resonance frequencies:

V2-Altus: 109 Hz.

V2-Eve: 96 Hz.

V2-Cream 108 Hz.

ValhalIR ask me to test the EVM-12L-version in this cab pack, because I play a old Mesa Thiele with an EVM-12l.
I must confess: I don´t like every one of your cab-packs, dear valhalIR. Some are more for heavy-shredder-players, and some are just not my cup of tea.
But this one is for me the "Hauptgewinn" as we say in german. This is the shit for clean and medium gain and that kind of fat and saturated 80´s-lead sounds (Huff, Lukather Landau etc.)
Any dumble lovers around? It´s a dream come true for Jazz- and Blues-Sounds, even with a strat. Round, warm, fat with that special EV-sparkle on the top. Mesa-Boogie-Heaven too. Or try the CAE Clean- and Rythmchannel. Awesome!
My wife got a little scared, because I was in such a good mood after playing the last days.
This is no lie (and I´m never lying because I´m a pastor in Germany, haha): I´m so happy to have "my" sound finally in the Axe-Fx.

Last edited:
ValhalIR ask me to test the EVM-12L-version in this cab pack, because I play a old Mesa Thiele with an EVM-12l.
I must confess: I don´t like every one of your cab-packs, dear valhalIR. Some are more for heavy-shredder-players, and some are just not my cup of tea.
But this one is for me the "Hauptgewinn" as we say in german. This is the shit for clean and medium gain and that kind of fat and sturated 80´s-lead sounds (Huff, Lukather Landau etc.)
Any dumble lovers around? It´s a dream come true for Jazz- and Blues-Sounds, even with a strat. Round, warm, fat with that special EV-sparkle on the top. Mesa-Boogie-Heaven too. Or try the CAE Clean- and Rythmchannel. Awesome!
My wife got a little scared, because I was in such a good mood after playing the last days.
This is no lie (and I´m never lying because I´m a pastor in Germany, haha): I´m so happy to have "my" sound finally in the Axe-Fx.
Thanks a lot for the review! Glad you like it!

I have been waiting for someone to do a good Mesa EVM 12L. When I finally have my FM3, I WILL be getting this IR/Cab Pack. . ;p

Very special to me is the Altec® 417-BH II Speaker, that was used by Randy Rhoads in a 4x12 Marshall Cabinet.
Most People love or hate Randy's Sound on the first two Ozzy Albums, nothing between.
But his live Sound on the 1987 Tribute Live Album is one of the most amazing Guitar Sounds I've ever heard......and really unique, just like his playing style.
The Sound in the Video is not bad, but to me it just sounds like a Marshall 1959 SPL. That special upper Midrange is 417-BH II Territory.

Ready for a fat, hairy grind-machine?

This butt-ugly monster from PEAVEY® was developed for non less than Eddie Van Halen! Born in 1992 and stuffed with 4 Sheffield® 1200 speakers, this cab gets almost everything done between Hard Rock and 8-string Djent Metal stuff.

The owner of this cab is Thomas Trausmuth aka "Sharky Dong Dong" from the Austrian Metal-institution "Seek & Destroy" . His second band is called "Siege of Cirrha", Thomas loves cats and baritone-7-Saiter. As this is his "baby" he insisted of doing his own "Selection" folder. So it's the first time in Valhallir-history, that we have 2 different selection folders in one cab pack !!!

https://valhallir.at/en/shop/v2-zebra/

The following microphones have been abused mercilessly for the production of this cab pack:

AKG® D202, AKG® C414

Lewitt® MTP440

Royer® R121

Resonance frequency 104 Hz.

V2-Zebra wallpaper.jpg

Attachments

• V2-Zebra Instacube Back open.jpg
    V2-Zebra Instacube Back open.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 6
  • V2-Zebra Instacube Side.jpg
    V2-Zebra Instacube Side.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 4
  • V2-Zebra Instacube.jpg
    V2-Zebra Instacube.jpg
    613.1 KB · Views: 4
As there happenend more than 300 downloads of this cab on the death day of EVH from our website - what are your thoughts, experiences with our cab pack?
We would be very thankful about some feedback.

Just bought V2 Zebra..nice job.Everything I bought from Valhallir.at works like a charm on my projects!
Thank you,Andreas and the team!

Thank you very much for the memorial gift pack! First new IR's I have down loaded for quite some time, I think since the cabir.eu ax1960. I so far have only had time to quickly run through one of the selection folders, If I remember correctly, I seemed to have liked most mics with the C speaker. will report back again when There has been more time to give them a good run.

Are you ready for or most extensive 2×12 cab pack?
https://valhallir.at/shop/v2-evil-triple/

V2-Evil Triple.jpg

We loaded a high quality 2×12 vertical cab with some really mean speakers:

V2-Shadow: Mesa® MC-90 Black Shadow® by Celestion®.

For many guitarists the UK-made MC-90 Black Shadows belong to the best guitar speakers ever made. The high-power “Blackies” with their 80 Oz Magnet have

a great low end, fabulous mids and a slightly tamed, but not too dark high end and can deliver pretty much every music style from rock to djent.

V2-Scumbag: Scumback® H-75

The Scumback® H-75’s are told to be one of the most successfull approach to the “Pulsonic” sound. They are also called the “better G12-H30″ very often.

V2-Lyncher: We crossloaded a Celestion® G12-50 GL Lynchback with a Marshall® Heritage G12-H by Celestion®.

The 50GL Lynchback – the signature speaker from guitar legend George Lynch (Dokken) is the perfect balance between the vintage and the modern side

of Celestion’s production line and cuts through every mix.

The Marshall® Heritage G12-H 55 hz by Celestion® has the 8553 2” Cones from the Silver-series.

There is not much information about this early 90s speaker available, as Celestion built them as OEM for Marshall. But all we know is, it sounds crazy good.

And yes…you may find an additional cab pack in this triple.
😉
Emrys is the cat of Valhallir-owner Andy. He is black. The cab is black. The speakers, too.

Get it now for only € 16,66 - but only until November 1st. (Regular price € 25,-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom