VAFAM vs. Bestronics for Front Panel?

Warrior

Power User
I requested a quote from VAFAM and found they are closed until "mid June". I just received a quote from Bestronics and it seemed a little high to me.

I'm confident the quality would be top shelf but would VAFAM be significantly lower in price?

Anyone received quotes from both places in the past?

I can only comment on VAFAM.

Response time, quality, price and customer service are all excellent!

Hans will take care of you and makes good recommendations.

I bought a panel from him several months ago, very happy with the whole experience!

Asked him for a quote on a 7-pin midi cable and he actually sent me a link to an eBay auction for a pre-made cable since he couldn't compare to the price... I wanted something specific and still had him make the cable for me for quite a bit less than Bestronics price. Can't beat that.

Recently I got some speakon cables made which had a minor issue - Hans went out of his way to get me parts to address all the possible causes both quickly and at no cost to me!

Top notch as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a panel from VFAM last year. The service was beyond anything I have seen with any other company. (Except maybe a certain guitar preamp and midi controller company.)
He sends a quote to you with a photo of exactly what the panel will look like, with all labels and wire colors before he takes your money. He sends emails with photo's of the build process of your exact panel. so that you can see the progress and to make sure you are getting what you want. He was excellent at helping me figure out what I needed and solved some design issues for me over the phone. The build was fast, the shipping was fast, and the product is top shelf. I have no experience with Bestronics, so I can't comment on them at all, (and if Hans is out for a month, you might not have a choice) but I can tell you that for myself (and a ton of other folks on this site) VFAM is a great choice.

My build was so fast there were no build pics!

I placed my order and 2 days later it was shipped... Although he did post links to pics after completion ;)

I love everything about my VAFAM panel.
From ordering to installing in my rack, everything was awesome.
Great price, photos and emails during build out, shipping was great, build quality top notch.

I love Hans. Long live Hans!

Last edited:
Here's my panel build from VAFAM nothing but good things to say about Hans. As to price I think it was around $189 shipped if I recall. I looked at Bestronics based on member recommendations but the main reason I went with VAFAM was the initial response from Hans was so quick and the fact that they were so much closer to my location.

+ Best-Tronics.

I think Vafam jumped on the fractal panel train early on which is why a lot of people have them. I can only judge from photos of panels I've seen but there does seem to be some differences between the two. I'm a big fan of Best-tronics. I don't think a lot of people knew they made panels for awhile. They've done a lot of stuff for me and my band. Absolute great customer service. They will take good care of you. I'm guessing you may have seen my thread with the photos of my panel and rig wire up that they did. If not PM me. It's on their site though too. Fractal Axe-FX Panels

I use it as a rear panel. But I just got my Vafam panel yesterday. Was only $100, and it was shipped a day later. I have 9 outputs on mine. The quality is just incredible.

I use it as a rear panel. But I just got my Vafam panel yesterday. Was only $100, and it was shipped a day later. I have 9 outputs on mine. The quality is just incredible.

Can you share pics of your panel or a list of connectors?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/55874-custom-panel-best-tronics.html

I opted for Best-tronics. It was more expensive. Very solid build. Still very happy.

"More expensive" based on a comparison of quotes?

+ Best-Tronics.

I think Vafam jumped on the fractal panel train early on which is why a lot of people have them. I can only judge from photos of panels I've seen but there does seem to be some differences between the two. I'm a big fan of Best-tronics. I don't think a lot of people knew they made panels for awhile. They've done a lot of stuff for me and my band. Absolute great customer service. They will take good care of you. I'm guessing you may have seen my thread with the photos of my panel and rig wire up that they did. If not PM me. It's on their site though too. Fractal Axe-FX Panels

Very nice panel. Hate to ask but knowing what this cost would be helpful.

Mine has: 1 power jack (with 2 "tails"), 2 speakon combo jacks, 1 7-pin midi, 1 USB, 2 XLR, 2 TRS

I believe it was $169, but it might have been $179.

I can post a link to the build pics later if you want?

Mine has: 1 power jack (with 2 "tails"), 2 speakon combo jacks, 1 7-pin midi, 1 USB, 2 XLR, 2 TRS

I believe it was $169, but it might have been $179.

I can post a link to the build pics later if you want?

That would be great, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom