v3 Best HIgh Gain Amp Models -Any game changers?

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Hello everyone, as you know I am a serious high gain seeker. Ive been getting stuck on reworking old presets, so Im looking for fresh ideas. I will admit, (while crouching behind a nuclear bunker) that so far I have had no ahhh moments with version 3. I am guessing these moments are for clean and crunch, not super sick high thick searing gain, like I prefer.

Maybe I have master up too much, maybe I dont understand the new controls, but they seem to do nothing in high gain modes.

So the main question is does anybody have a NEW re-worked updated 3.0 favorite High Gain model amp; one that particularly shows off 3.0 benefits , or just flat out sounds better with 3.0? Cliff? which high gain models were significantly changed? (Yes I have read release notes and every message on the board). Thank you gentleman (frfr, 2 evlivex 122p)

Try setting the Power Amp Low Cut and Power Amp High Cut to the same values as the Low Cut Freq and the Hi Cut Freq in your amp block and let me know what you think. To me it seemed like some of the amps regained their punch by doing this. Good luck!

I'm particularly enjoying the Das Metal and FAS Modern at the moment. Never been a fan of the PVH but that's getting a bit more play with the new FW too.

I'm the opposite of you, I didn't like high gain until v3 everything was too loose and muddy in the bottom end, all the high gain models in v3 are really tight and percussive, even without a boost up front.
100 times better imho.
I had alot of fun this morning with the djentelmanly preset.

I'm in love with the 5150 model. Here's my patch with zero post. Not the most interesting playing, but it was a test clip I threw up for the guys on my site and I didn't want to get all over the top with it.

Axe-Fx II / Toontrack Metal Machine EZX by factanonmusica on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

(There's no mix on this at all, btw, so it's a little off - but that's just record-and-go with the II and the new MM drums from TT).

MG-Chris,

Tight riffage bro! Seriously dig your playing...You remind me a bit of Ola Englund (YouTube Channel fearedse,) and he's awesome too! Similar style...

Bill

Cameron Hi, Recto Orange Modern (Damping = zero, Presence = 0), SLO, Ecstasy Red, HBE, Uber.

All of 'm with EVM 12L cab sim.

Last edited:
love the thread,love the ideas, anyone wanna start posting presets?!? thanks again dudes and dudette (you know who you are):D

Still stuck with Firmware 1.4, where my main sound is based on the new recto red (since my "real" amps are all Tripple Rectifiers :) ), with all the buzz about 3.0 I think I will still stick to 1.4 for a while...

My Orange Recto V3.2 ... the Y amp setting is rhythm and the X is lead (it's backwards on the midimate :) )

External 1 hooked to the wah, stock cabs.

I use an Atomic 50 watt, so this will sound better on FRFR.

Attachments

• 023.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 18
Still stuck with Firmware 1.4, where my main sound is based on the new recto red (since my "real" amps are all Tripple Rectifiers :) ), with all the buzz about 3.0 I think I will still stick to 1.4 for a while...

Are you THE Marcus Siepen from Blind Guardian? If so, you guys rule and are one of my favorite bands:)

Back
Top Bottom