Not a Bug V2 Beta1 Dual Switch into either FS1 or FS2 can't be assigned to Tuner, Preset+ or Preset-

Tried using a Dual Switch into either FS1 or FS2 ports (setup according to Pg 12 in the manual). Unable to assign External foot switches to Setup : I/O : MIDI/Remote : Other (Tuner, Preset Increment, Preset Decrement - there may be others).

BTW: Tempo Tap, Scene Increment and Decrement seem to work.

Not using FC-6 or FC-12. Trying to use a simple Hosa Dual Switch with TRS cable into FM3 directly to either provide dedicated Tap Tempo and Tuner buttons. Tap is assignable but Tuner isn't. Also found that Scene +/- is assignable to the external foot switch but Preset +/- isn't. e.g. pressing ENTER to use learn function doesn't do anything on the parameters that are not working. Turning the Value dial on those that don't work also causes no changes (starting from a value of "NONE") until the dial has been turned 10 clicks clockwise when it jumps to 1 - seems to be skipping all the footswitch options.

Not using FC-6 or FC-12. Trying to use a simple Hosa Dual Switch with TRS cable into FM3 directly to either provide dedicated Tap Tempo and Tuner buttons. Tap is assignable but Tuner isn't. Also found that Scene +/- is assignable to the external foot switch but Preset +/- isn't. e.g. pressing ENTER to use learn function doesn't do anything on the parameters that are not working. Turning the Value dial on those that don't work also causes no changes (starting from a value of "NONE") until the dial has been turned 10 clicks clockwise when it jumps to 1 - seems to be skipping all the footswitch options.
This is expected behavior. Not sure why those are skipped, but they are.

You can use the Stand-In function with the FM3 pedal jacks as well. The video was just made with an FC6, but the process is the same, just choose the on-board pedal jacks instead of an FC.

Thanks Chris!!!

After following your instructions and diving into the manual a bit more, I find I still have a problem. Trying to use a latching switch (set to Follow Hardware) to trigger the tuner (using it as a stand in switch), the switch has to be set pressed twice to enable the tuner and again twice to disable it. I think I understand why - since a latching switch toggles between 0 and 127 (Off/On) and some functions can only be triggered/toggled with values >63, the latch at 0 has no effect.

So I guess my question is how do I get a latching switch to work or is this a feature request?

BTW: Confirmed that momentary switches work just fine so I have a work around.

Back
Top Bottom