V13 update froze my unit!

DrB

First time having a problem with the firmware. Screen flashed wildly and then went blank with all LEDs frozen.
Put in service ticket tonight..

I had a blank screen freeze tonight too. First one ever. Scared me to death. But I rebooted and everything came back. It might have been my imagination, but the words on the screen didn't seem as dark when I rebooted, so I changed the contrast and now it looks great.

I had 2 timeouts using fractal bot tonight too. So, I turned off my midi controller and the first gear that follows the axe in my midi cable chain, just to be cautious. And then fractal bot did the transfers and everything went great.

I made the mistake of using a Low-res cabinet in the Cabinet Effect Type HI/ULTRA RES setting and then when I switched to another preset it froze up on me. After reboot, all is well. I wonder if the Axe can tell the difference between low and ultra res IR's and ignore the stupid user?

I just had this same problem. Upgraded to V13 without problem but downloaded V13.01 and after installation my unit is frozen (blank screen all lights on). Never had a problem before.

Tried rebooting holding recall button but that didn't work. Guess I'll have to contact support.

I'm having the same problem after updating to 13.1. Screen flash wildly and now frozen. All led lights are lilt up and frozen.

i have the same problem.
is anybody have a solution ?

If the firmware update gets corrupted, it won't boot. The only solution is to order EPROM from FA and you have to open up your unit to install it in the motherboard. Since a number of people are obviously having these issues I think FA should seriously consider including the $1 ROM chip with purchase of the unit or, better yet, allowing us to boot from a thumb drive.

I also had the problem last night after updating to 13.00.
After a reboot, everything is fine again.

So the only solution to this is getting a eprom? Even holding the recall button down while powering up doesn't do the trick. Still froze and all led lights are lilt up. Just need to verify before I get an eprom.

The answer is yes. Just received email from Fractal and just ordered eprom.

Really sucks that this is the only time I've had a problem, and we're talking going back the days when the Standard was new, and of coursed it had to happen when one the greatest firmware upgrades is released and on a weekend no less. Not blaming Fractal, crap happens. Guess it was just my turn. Oh well.

i had the same exact thing happen going from 12.04beta to 13.02. also my first time experiencing any problems while doing an update & in general. was told to buy the eprom & open it up, or send it in. i just ordered the eprom. hope we all get our babies up & running again soon!

I had a similar experience today as well. Installed latest firmware and while clicking through my presets, the unit suddenly had nothing but a green screen for about 15 - 20 seconds and then rebooted itself. MFC was not connected when I updated. Guess I'll see about ordering EPROM as well.

Mine froze too! Turned in a service ticket and had to order A ROM to install and then boot. I see that 13.02 is now out. It says "fixed minor bugs". Not minor to me. It sounds like a number of people are having this issue with the newest firmware. WassUpWitDat?

Mine froze too! Turned in a service ticket and had to order A ROM to install and then boot. I see that 13.02 is now out. It says "fixed minor bugs". Not minor to me. It sounds like a number of people are having this issue with the newest firmware. WassUpWitDat?

Mine just froze updating to 13.02 flashing screen while updating

Back
Top Bottom