V13 update froze my unit!

Happened AGAIN to me. This is really getting frustrating.

I'm about ready to sell this goddam thing. If this is gonna happen with every new firmware update...

Re-flashed it, and seems to be working now. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

I haven't updated to 13.07 yet but you guys are freaking me out. I've had my Axe II since firmware 1 and have only recently started hearing about updates bricking the hardware. Any word on what's causing it? Is it firmware related?

I had this happen a few times in a row and found out that the cause was my cheapo USB cable. I replaced the cable and it never happened again. I suggest that everybody who has the same problem should replace the USB cable for a better one.

Can't get much more cheapo or generic than the straggly USB cable I use, but it's always gone fine (there, that's cursed it...
mellow.gif
)

No MFC to even have connected and the Macbook Pro doing the update is running only Fractal Bot each time though

I thought Axe-FX first imports the new FW via USB and then when the new FW is on the Axe-FX it installs it. So if the USB cable fails, it won't matter since the Axe-FX won't be trying to install it..?

Ok so what is a Eprom? How does it fail? Do electrons get scrambled, something like a formatting problem? So if you replace it, is the problem fixed forever or is there a chance that you might have to replace it again if similar circumstances happen when updating? If so then it would be a good idea to have spare. Any stats/data on failures? I thought I read that it was Apple OS?

Things to help prevent freezes;
Don't have other programs running
Don't have MFC connected to Axe

anyother Don'ts or do's to help future updating
thanks

Back
Top Bottom