v10 Presets Seem Harsh to Me - Help?

I've noticed a bug (with axe edit, haven't tested sans axe edit) where if you change to cab Y, the speaker size gets screwed up and drops from the default size of "1.

For reference, on the factory Double Verb, I dialed the drive down from factory 4.99 to 1.25 to get a clean-on-edge-of-breakup sound. (also needed to take amp level up from -10.6 to 2.7 to make it loud enough).

Something does not sound right.

With the Twin patch default settings Matrix GT1000 running at around 1 (how I run it at gigs) into the Q12 is loud enough for a gig with a band in a small room/venue with GTR vol pot wide open.

Output 1 level control knob on the Axe is set slightly before 12.

confirmation (my wife yelled at me from the yard)

I just tested with an Antique Suhr Kornia tele with humbuckers.

If I open the the volume pot to 100% I get just a little grit -- but I always play with it between 60-80% - so there is no grit.

My I/O input instrument in is set to 51.8% (which sounds good to me) --- I never have been able to tickle anything red on my Axe and do not use that as a guide - just my ears.

Still need to work on my patches for next Friday's gig (R&B/Soul)

Because I don't like to play with my vol put wide open I usually set the amp levels a bit higher and will do so in the gig patch and will fine tune the drive as well.

Will post when they are done.

***** One More Thing *****

Axe-Edit completely screwed everything up for me and I had to start from scratch!

It changed parameters -- things clipped -- real bad news.

My advice is only use it as convenience (layouts/parameters etc) -- but save through front panel of Axe - not Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
I use a Custom Shop Strat with Kinmans and tones were about the same (but more clear, crips and "real"). I'm updating my AC-30 model and it's F'ING AMAZING!!! Will post it soon. I had no huge difference in v9 vs. v10. Just better all around.

M

Back
Top Bottom