V10 Motor Drive question - on vs off.

Sean Ashe

Power User
Because v10 gives the cab 'weight' and also provides for a more accurate simulation of the interaction between amp/cab, is motor drive still something that you would generally want on to simulate a driven cab? Obviously it all comes to taste, but for the sake of accuracy to the 'real thing', what is best?

I am setting it to zero almost universally across everything I do.

The way I look at it; things (parameters and options) are there if you need them; and if you don't need them... don't use them.

IMHO, if it doesn't add some timbre I prefer over not using something... I just don't use it.

I am setting it to zero almost universally across everything I do.

The way I look at it; things (parameters and options) are there if you need them; and if you don't need them... don't use them.

IMHO, if it doesn't add some timbre I prefer over not using something... I just don't use it.

Yea, I have been preferring the sound with it off. I definitely find that I'm getting the 'cab feel' through my studio monitors, that I wasn't getting before. I dig it :)

I agree. I'm noticing more of a cab feel. I went away from an FRFR monitor in favor of a power amp/guitar cab, but I think I'm going to have to give FRFR another try after playing this firmware update.

I was using a little motor drive on all of my patches, but with V10 I've decided that I like it better with it off. There seems to be a little more clarity that way. I've gone through all of my patches and turned it off.

Back
Top Bottom