V 10 and Axe Edit questions

King Tone

Inspired
This is just for my own clarity. Can you do the following with FW 10 and the newest Axe Edit..?

1. Freely import and export presets, effects blocks, templates, etc between computer and axe, no limitations.
2. Access all latest amps and effects and their parameters.
3. Update the firmware to v10 with the latest axe edit.

I guess the reason I ask this is I have plenty of effects blocks, amp settings, etc that I would import from previous tweaking. I am not about the front panel editing so if axe edit cannot do this I will not update until it can. If I could not import and export via the laptop, updating would be useless to me. I know that I will tweak the new sounds but it would not be worth the hassle if I had to completely start over. I am not really clear on what the newest axe edit limitations are but I want to make sure it does the above before I update everything. I have not updated in quite awhile but sounds are good now so I don't want to change until I am sure about this stuff.

Between the Bot and AE, I believe everything you listed is possible. Check the notice in the AE update sticky. Personally, I found that AE screwed up my sound. I was having trouble getting 10 to sound good, so I disconnected AE, reset params and reloaded 10 and all was well. I'm not even going to use AE to move presets around, it's not worth the risk to me. I do believe there are many people who are not having these problems, however. If I was you, I would download the Bot and get 10. Backup your existing presets and IRs and make sure you have a copy of the FW and AE you like (probably an 8.xx). Try it out. If you don't like it, roll back.

I've gotten good results with V10 and AE 1.9 by:

1. When switching from block to block, pause and wait for the midi activity to stop before touching anything.

2. Always use Store from the AxeFx II front panel vs. Save from AE.

Back
Top Bottom