Utility Functions not working on Per Preset?

JasonB5232

Inspired
Setting up a Per Preset Layout and just noticed that Tuner and Tap Tempo show up but don't work. Just wondering if this is a known thing or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2023-06-24 at 8.13.37 PM.png

You’re just defining the Per-Preset function here. There’s another step. You have to either use a footswitch that’s designated as Per-Preset #6, or use a Per-Preset Override to override another footswitch.
He did say "working on a per preset layout"... I assumed he did that part, but that was also my initial thought.

I'm using the Per Preset layout.
Correction: Tap Tempo is working or working now.
Hold for the Tuner is not though.

If you're using the lower right switch for Tap Tempo and Tuner, the MLM (Master Layout Menu) shortcut needs to be disabled for the Hold function to work in that switch.

The FC-6/12 manual (page 13) seems to indicate that it is possible to have a hold function on the lower right switch without disabling the MLM shortcut. Or am I misinterpreting this?

"If the lower right switch has a Hold function, you can still easily execute the MLM SwitchCombo quickly, before the Hold function fires. If the Hold function should fire, the Master LayoutMenu will still be displayed."

Quick Tip: "When you design your own layouts, consider that the best Hold function for the lower right switch isprobably one that doesn’t change your sound if you accidentally fire it while activating the MLM.A good example would be “Reveal Hold Functions”, present in some of the default layouts."

I have just ordered an FC-6 (which hasn't arrived) so I can't try this out, but I am planning to have the Reveal Hold function on the bottom right switch (hold function). Are any of you doing this? Any issues/caveats to know about?

Last edited:
The FC-6/12 manual (page 13) seems to indicate that it is possible to have a hold function on the lower right switch without disabling the MLM shortcut. Or am I misinterpreting this?

"If the lower right switch has a Hold function, you can still easily execute the MLM SwitchCombo quickly, before the Hold function fires. If the Hold function should fire, the Master LayoutMenu will still be displayed."

Quick Tip: "When you design your own layouts, consider that the best Hold function for the lower right switch isprobably one that doesn’t change your sound if you accidentally fire it while activating the MLM.A good example would be “Reveal Hold Functions”, present in some of the default layouts."

I have just ordered an FC-6 (which hasn't arrived) so I can't try this out, but I am planning to have the Reveal Hold function on the bottom right switch (hold function). Are any of you doing this? Any issues/caveats to know about?
I used to have Tap Tempo / Tuner on the lower right switch of my FC-12.

I was able to use the Tuner and MLM functions with no problem. Although, I think my Hold timeout is set longer than factory defaults.

Back
Top Bottom