Using the FM9 in order to switch things in the AX3.

Omri Bazelet

Inspired
Hi there! I want to buy the FM9! I have the AX3 already and want to the FM9 for small sessions and concerts.
If I'm home, can I use the FM9 as foot controller to change presets and engage the tuner?
It just comfort

Hi there! I want to buy the FM9! I have the AX3 already and want to the FM9 for small sessions and concerts.
If I'm home, can I use the FM9 as foot controller to change presets and engage the tuner?
It just comfort
Anything you can command with MIDI, you can command with the FM9.

Last edited:
If all else fails I think you can set it up to send midi over to your FXIII and control things that way.

But it would be rad as hell to have a "FC" mode for the unit that essentially turns it into a FC9 controller for another Fractal device.
...especially if an FC connected to the FM9 was included in the "FC mode" so it and the FM9 could control both....

I have Ax3 spdif'd to Ax2 and both controlled with FC101 and an old Pod HD. I could pretty easily be persuaded to sell the Ax2, MFC, and Pod and replace with FM9 if I could control my Ax3 with FM9 switches even if its just via standard midi since I use Bome midi translator pro to manipulate midi in front of Ax3/2 (makes MFC/Pod viable as conttollers for Ax3/2). AFAIK though, I don't think FM9/3 switches can trigger midi but I'd be pleased to be shown wrong on this. For example i'd want to have one FM9 switch turn off/on an FM9 drive (✅), and another FM9 switch trigger midi to turn off/on Ax3 delay (❓).

Last edited:
I could pretty easily be persuaded to sell the Ax2, MFC, and Pod and replace with FM9 if I could control my Ax3 with FM9 switches even if its just via standard midi...

Doable...
Anything you can command with MIDI, you can command with the FM9.

AFAIK though, I don't think FM9/3 switches can trigger midi but I'd be pleased to be shown wrong on this. For example i'd want to have one FM9 switch turn off/on an FM9 drive (✅), and another FM9 switch trigger midi to turn off/on Ax3 delay (❓).

You can program Control Switches to send multiple MIDI messages with a single stomp...
1630204484910.png

Doable...

You can program Control Switches to send multiple MIDI messages with a single stomp...
View attachment 87761
Thanks! - looks promising! Will study up - I'll want to have FM9 control switch that are not mapped to an active block in Fm9 - might be a good time to sell my II/MFC while it is still holding value.

Back
Top Bottom