Using the FM9 I have noticed a tonal issue.

The volume drop was from my side, the texture of the notes is what changes. The global page is first go to the preset for example this is the 044: Brit JVM001 then it lists the 6 scenes. Play your guitar with that page and listen carefully, then the right page 3 times to take you to the global presets and play again. Tell me if you hear a difference. To my ears the Global preset page sounds warmer and more tube like.
I just tried this - there's absolutely no difference, using the preset you suggested, on my FM9. You may want to reach out and open a ticket with Fractal.

A third of this clip is Home + USB plugged in to a laptop; a third is Home + USB unplugged, and a third is Presets Page + USB unplugged. The DI was piped in through the instrument jack on my FM9, and the output recorded from the headphone jack direct into a Tascam DR-100 MKIII. The only difference is a tiny change in background hiss because my pickups were getting blasted by laptop R/F.

Reactions: rog
So the OP went from "it sounds different when USB is connected" to "it sounds different depending on the front panel page I'm on"?
true, i missed this.

i have to think something is going on with the guitar, technique or something. the programming of the screens and usb should be far away from the tone and output of the device.

It’s difficult to tell. Grammar could be playing into it.
I was saying that Chris' questions were a better place to start. I have no excuse - English is my primary language. Though I suppose that the fact I grew up in Seattle, not too far from Canada, might have been a partial cause. Want some back bacon? Now where's my toque . . .

Back
Top Bottom