Using the Axe-II as outboard

clarky

Axe-Master
anyone done much of this??
I was working on a session today / yesterday and recorded really pretty solo.. sounds lovely..
then I started looking at the ambient fx.. I really wanted that soft / dark old-skool delay
but none of my usual plug-ins were really nailing it..

thing is.. I know the BBD in the Axe will really hit the spot..
so..
I recorded and then reamped the guitars
then I sent these reamped guitars back into the Axe through the Delay block
routed the Axe into the DAW and recorded the delay…

in the mix, you just treat the recorded delay just as you would if it were in parallel within the Axe using its level to set how wet you want it..

sounds absolutely beautiful...

Nice one man.

I've often thought about using the Axe Fx for outboard gear too for it effects on other instruments other than guitar. I'd imagine those plate reverbs would sound pretty tasty on vocals.

I also wondered how a Null IR with preamp modelling in the Cab block may fair on certain instruments e.g. warming a vocal up.

One of my favorite nights of my life involved a) Dweezil channelling Hendrix's National Anthem ala Woodstock, on the outskirts of Woodstock, under the 4th of July fireworks-lit sky ,with his Axe-Fx, followed shortly after by b) Peter Jones parading around the campfire area playing a Digerderoo miked into self-same Axe-Fx, with Admin_M@ at the controls, creating some truly otherworldly tones...

One of my favorite nights of my life involved a) Dweezil channelling Hendrix's National Anthem ala Woodstock, on the outskirts of Woodstock, under the 4th of July fireworks-lit sky ,with his Axe-Fx, followed shortly after by b) Peter Jones parading around the campfire area playing a Digerderoo miked into self-same Axe-Fx, with Admin_M@ at the controls, creating some truly otherworldly tones...

Back
Top Bottom