Using Scenes with FCB1010 - How To make it work

Nagi Mysore

Inspired
For those interested:

I have the Eurekaprom installed. This is a a fantastic chip for 30 bucks: Read it up on EurekaSound!

It takes 2 minutes to get scenes configured:

Booth the FCB with Eurekaprom...caliberate etc per the website...once u know its working next step: put the FCM in EF (Effects) mode)

On Axe- press I/O go over to Ctrl and scroll down to Scene Increment and press enter button
Axe will say - Learning

Go to FCM and p[ress a pedal button say 9.

Repeat this for scene decrement as well and thats it.

Now 9 will increment scene, 5 will decrement scene.

YOu can do the exact same thing for all other effects you normally use: But turning on an effect this way puts the preset in an edit mode. I havent figured out how else to use it...But scenes shd be good for me. I follow a predictable p[attern with scenes

Scene 1 - Amp - cab - Reverb
Scene 2 - Comp - AMp - Cab - Reverb etc etc

U get the idea.

I am not able to get the volume and wah working ...but I am still playing with it. Its supposed to work out of the box but it isnt...and I dont understand the midi shi%%

I just use the factory PROM. No problems configuring anything yet.

My live set up is like this;

I have bank 00 as my presets bank 1-10 (I don't even need all 10 presets, usually about 5-6 of them, with 8 scenes each is adequate)
I have bank 01 as my Scenes bank 1-4 and 6-9 for scenes 1-8 and use 10 for Tuner and 5 for Tap Tempo.
I have bank 02 as my looper bank 1-5 and 6-10 for scenes 1-5 as they are most common used for me.
I set up my 2 expression pedals to EXT 1 and EXT 2, this way I can program control to any block I want per preset as required, and with scenes.... man you can set this up very elaborately.

I've Used it like this for 2 gigs (3 full sets of classic metal and hard rock covers) as well as 5-6 Rehearsals since owning the Axe FX II for a couple weeks, and have not had any issues at all.

I understand people get these 3rd party PROMs so they can have the stompbox type LED lighting on the FCB show whats engaged and what isn't, but other than that why do you need a 3rd party PROM?

Back
Top Bottom