Using Pod X3 live as a foot controller!

Chrono

Hi all! Recently got a standard and I'm in love. Unfortunately I find myself using 1 or 2 presets a day because I don't feel like getting up in the middle of playing to turn the knob. I wanna use my old pod x3 live as a foot controller to alleviate such issues. I bought a 5 to 7 pin midi cable and that's as far as I've gone. Not even sure if that was the correct cable, or if I have to use phantom power, I'm completely lost. Can anyone start to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Tom.

Hi, I use my pod xt with the shortboard. I used the learn function to assign the channels from the pod. I have also used this learn facility to use the wah function on the shortboard. I still have to have the pod plugged in to the mains for the power. Was going to upgrade to the Fractal control board but I am saving for the Axe II. I hope this will be of some use.
Carl

Thanks Carl! That was a great start. I'm at the point where I can use the learn function to toggle effects. I currently can access the first 128 patches by using the 32 banks and switches A-D. Is there a way to program axe presets to certain channels on the pod? I'd like to gain access to all 260 or so of my presets from the floorboard.

I used my XTL with my Ultra for a while. It works fine for changing channels and turning FX on and off but had some significant limitations:
  • Patch names. You either enter AxeFX patch names for every patch on the POD (and update them) or deal with patch names on your footcontroller that have nothing to do with what you're playing.
  • FX state. This was the real deal-breaker for me. If the POD thinks that an effect is on but it's off in the AxeFX, you need to press the POD's button twice before it actually turns the effect on. You can work around it by programming the POD to have its FX states (and usage) to reflect that of the AxeFX.
In the end, it was more brain damage than I really wanted to deal with so I bought a controller that could get the info from the AxeFX without me having to program every stinkin' patch.

Back
Top Bottom