Using pitch block to step down e flat on all presets

Hi I just got a FM9, HAVE 6 PRESETS, pitch block in each preset and want to change presets and still be in e flat . When I change to the next preset goes back to natural e and I have the top switch to change back to e flat for that preset. I want to have that switch hold for all presets ? How and what am I doing wrong THANKS

Is the block ‘on’ in each preset? Otherwise turn it on and then save the preset again. You should be fine then.
Also: when on the pitch block press ‘scene ignore’ that way when you switch scenes it stays on when turned on or off

Just to be clear:when an effect is turned on by you and scene ignore is on then within the same preset you will be good. When you switch to a different preset you will get the preset as you saved it. I made separate presets for the band to get the settings that I want. Plenty of room and makes rehearsing og gigging more relaxed.

Hope this helps,

Harm

@John Cortese,

John, if you're planning on playing in Eb consistently, within the FM9-Edit under Setup > Scales. There you can create a special scale that will be global across all of your presets. For each note, simply transpose down one half-step to create an Eb scale.

Someone else can help you select that scale as the default scale for your presets.

Reactions: Rex
Hi I just got a FM9, HAVE 6 PRESETS, pitch block in each preset and want to change presets and still be in e flat . When I change to the next preset goes back to natural e and I have the top switch to change back to e flat for that preset. I want to have that switch hold for all presets ? How and what am I doing wrong THANKS
You’re not doing anything wrong. Presets load what was saved last. If it was saved in E last, that’s what will load. You’d need to save the presets set to Eb so they load with Eb.

The pitch block exists within the preset, it’s not global. So the preset must be saved with what you want it to load with.

John, if you're planning on playing in Eb consistently, within the FM9-Edit under Setup > Scales. There you can create a special scale that will be global across all of your presets. For each note, simply transpose down one half-step to create an Eb scale.
This would be extra work for the same sound at higher CPU usage (due to Custom Shifter type being dual-voice) than Virtual Capo set for -1 semitone. It would allow changing the tuning sort of quickly later, but that could also be made easier by instead adjusting Init. Value of an otherwise unused External Control modifying VC shift amount.

Simply SAVE your preset when the pitch block is turned ON, that's it.
BUT................ if you're playing Eb consistently, why not just heaving a guitar tuned for that?

My band play all songs Eb, I simply keep 2 guitars (main + backup) tuned to Eb and that's it.
Obviously i would have used the V.C for down tuning if we would have play also E or D but its Eb all the way so....

Back
Top Bottom