Using one Expression Pedal WITHOUT a Toe Switch for both Volume and Wah

Claude M

Inspired
Hey guys
I've searched the forum and the net but can't seem to find an answer to my question. I can see answers with Expression pedals with a toe switch, but can't find an answer to an expression pedal WITHOUT a toe switch.

I want to know how to use ONE Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal WITHOUT a Toe Switch for both a Volume and Wah? It doesn't necessarily have to be in the same scene (but if that's possible - that'll be great!) but I can't find the answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And sorry in advance as I'm sure this may have been explained a million times before - but I can't find the answer....:)

Without a toe switch on the expression pedal not sure you are able to set-up any path that works efficiently. Using the Moog EP-3 will require the need to press switches within scenes to activate either the wah or volume.

One option is to create an auto-wah. The Moog pedal is not needed for this. Just need to assign wah block to a switch on the AX8.

Without a toe switch on the expression pedal not sure you are able to set-up any path that works efficiently. Using the Moog EP-3 will require the need to press switches within scenes to activate either the wah or volume.

One option is to create an auto-wah. The Moog pedal is not needed for this. Just need to assign wah block to a switch on the AX8.
Thx so much for your answer.

I no longer have an AX8 but I think this can be done, in case you haven't found a solution yet. Add the wah and volume blocks to your routing like the screen shot of the YouTube video above. Set each block to mute when bypassed. Then use a control switch to bypass the wah and engage the volume block, and vice versa. Assign the control switch to a footswitch. I think this will work.

Back
Top Bottom