Using my fender twin with Axe FX Ultra

Kitch

Hi peeps,

I have a Fender Twin Reverb that I love the sound of. It does not have an Effects Loop or a power amp in section. So I have to use the 2 cable method :-(

In order to use the Amp simulations.... Please correct any of the following information as I'd love to get these settings right before my next gig. :)

1. I plug my guitar into the Front input of the Axe (And set the input level)

2. Then I plug the output of the Axe into the input of the Fender twin.
(What level do I set the output of the axe to.... full?)

3. Turn down the Treble all the way down on the Fender Twin
4. Turn the Mids all the way up on the Fender Twin
5. Turn down the Bass all the way down on the Fender Twin

Then on the Axe either

6. Turn down the sag on the presets that are going to be used or Turn the Global power amp Simulation off.
7. Turn the Global Speaker cabinet simulation off.

8. Turn up the guitar and fender twin and rock the (insert profanity here ____ ) out.

Keep it real peeps.

BTW.... Direct to FOH is awesome too may not need to use my amp if I can get my sounds balanced ok. :cool:

Hey Kitch
Sorry no one replied earlier. I'm certainly no expert, but I will give it a shot.
I would get the Twin set up the way you like (volume, eq), then you are using the Axe for just effects, like a pedal board. Set the input (tickle the red), defeat amps and cabs, then run the output up until you get the same volume as you would with just your guitar. I can't think of a good reason to mess with the Twin's knobs if you already love the sound.
You could also make some presets with the effects you wanted without an amp or cab.
Hope this gets you started.

Thank-you Chief,

I figure that is the way I'll have to do it.

If fractal could create a Amp Shunt full Bypass that would make things alot easier.

There are some gigs that I want to use my amp and then some gigs I just want to use the Axe FX on its own.

I will have to make a second set of patches for running the axe in front of my Fender twin :-(

Tweeking these patches is going to be a pain Arrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom