Using MIDI device with knobs to control B-M-T-G etc.

dschaaf

Experienced
Hi,
Just wondering if it would be possible to use something like the below (attached to a pedal-board and either connected to the FC-6 or directly to the Axe FX III) to control designated parameters like bass, mid, treble, gain etc similar to the AX8 knobs functions?

Thanks,
D

https://www.midifighter.com/#Twister

Last edited:
This should be possible via the following method:

On the Axe-Fx III, Under MIDI Remote / External, you can assign MIDI # to any of the External Control 1-16.

Then, for your Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain, you can set the modifier source to External 1-16.

You will have to have the MIDI connection going to the Axe-Fx at this point in time. I use a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter.

I use this for controlling mixer block parameters and using a template I made for TouchOSC. I connect my iPhone/iPad to the Axe-Fx using MIDI Mittr. I have three faders and three knobs on my TouchOSC layout. I used MIDI # 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 on the layout. And have external 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 assigned to those #'s. Then for the gain/balance knob modifiers on the mixer block, I assign External 11-16.

Works great. The only limitation I've run into so far is the number of external controllers available (16).

This should be possible via the following method:

On the Axe-Fx III, Under MIDI Remote / External, you can assign MIDI # to any of the External Control 1-16.

Then, for your Bass, Mid, Treble, Gain, you can set the modifier source to External 1-16.

You will have to have the MIDI connection going to the Axe-Fx at this point in time. I use a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth adapter.

I use this for controlling mixer block parameters and using a template I made for TouchOSC. I connect my iPhone/iPad to the Axe-Fx using MIDI Mittr. I have three faders and three knobs on my TouchOSC layout. I used MIDI # 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 on the layout. And have external 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 assigned to those #'s. Then for the gain/balance knob modifiers on the mixer block, I assign External 11-16.

Works great. The only limitation I've run into so far is the number of external controllers available (16).
Excellent thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom