Using MFC101 with 3 different midi units

eljodon

Experienced
I have different set ups depending on the gigs that I play, like just the Axe Fx 2 or both the Axe Fx 2 & Kemper together using my Mesa Boogie 2 90.

I'm building another system using Axe Fx 2 as just an effects unit, the Ampete 444 which is an amp and speaker switcher the switches between 4 guitar amps in which the speaker outs of the amps and the inputs are plugged into the Ampete 444.The speaker out of the Ampete goes into a Suhr Reactive Load and the line out goes into input 2(Fx Return) of the Axe Fx 2. I'm also using the RJM Effects Gizmo for pedals and a Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to take care of some of the amps I use with channel switching.(I'm using a Suhr PT100, Friedman BE100, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto and a 68' Plexi) The stereo output 1 from the Axe Fx 2 goes straight into a Mesa Boogie 2 90 then 2 a stereo 2 x 12 or 2 Marshall 4 x 12.

I'm using the MFC101(Bank 0) for switching and I was able to change amp with the Ampete via PC# (35,36,37& 38 on MIDI ch 3) using Song mode. I only use 1 amp per song to make things simpler. I'm using 5 scenes and on the same footswitches I'm able to switch my amp's channels with the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher(MIDI 5). Scene 1 is clean, 2,3,4 rhythm and 5 is lead. The issue I'm having is that I can't find a way to switch the RJM Effects Gizmo's(MIDI 4) pedals using scenes which I need to have a certain combination per scene.For example, if I want to have an eq and a OCD pedal on one of my rhythm scenes and or to be able to switch on a Maxon 808 while turn off the eq and the OCD on scene 5 for leads.I already assign the rest of the Ai's left to individual pedals.
I'm using the MFC101 on general mode(not Axe Fx mode) and I already programmed AI 1 through 5 for scenes.I tried using presets but there's a split second silence between presets. I need to run the amps through the Axe Fx 2 to save space and also because it has an internal mixer, I can also eq the sound post distortion and I want to be able to use effects after my amps.

If anyone has any ideas on how to be able to make this work, I would be extremely grateful because it sounds amazing! Thanks

Anyone? I just need to know if I can do this with the MFC101, if I can't I'll have to check out the RJM Mastermind which from what I've read it might work better for me.

Nobody knows? Can I call Fractal Audio and they could help me before spending $1,899 for a Mastermind GT 22?

Back
Top Bottom